- DescriptionFresh spinach has a clean, crisp taste with a light sharpness that fits beautifully in rich dishes made with eggs and cheeses. Loaded with iron and calcium. Use it in soups, omelets, salads, and frittatas. Sauté it. Steam it. Braise it. Spinach shrinks dramatically when you cook it. A large panful reduces to a small lump.
- More Information
LEAFY GREENSStoring Spinach, Swiss Chard, and Collard, Dandelion, and Turnip Greens
These greens retain their crispness if kept in the coolest part of the fridge for up to 4 days. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Kale is tastiest if eaten soon after purchase, but it should keep in the refrigerator for up to a week if stored in a perforated plastic bag with its leaves close together.
Storing Chicory and Escarole
These greens retain their crispness for up to a week if kept in the coolest part of the fridge. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Storing Brussels Sprouts
Place unwashed Brussels sprouts in a paper bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator, where they should keep for 3 to 4 days.
Storing Kohlrabi Greens
These greens are very perishable, so wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for a couple of days.
- Explanatory Information
12%Organic Broccoliapprox. 1lb bunch$3.99/ea2 for $7
- Lancaster Farm Fresh CooperativeLocal Organic Lacinato Kaleapprox. 0.7lb$2.99/ea
12%Organic Celeryapprox. 1lb$3.99/ea2 for $7
35%Driscoll'sOrganic Strawberriesapprox. 16oz$4.99/ea
$6.992 for $9
- Organic Scallionsapprox. 3oz$1.99/ea
19%Avocados from MexicoOrganic Hass Avocado$2.49/ea2 for $4
- Organic Garlic$4.99/lb
3%Organic Kiwifruit$1.29/ea4 for $5
3%Organic Lemons$1.29/ea4 for $5
- Organic Fuji Apples4ct$5.99/eaabout $3.00/lb
- Cal-OrganicOrganic Carrotsapprox. 1lb$1.49/ea
- Organic Beets, Bunchapprox 4ct$2.49/ea