Penne is one of the most famous Italian pasta shapes and are loved across Italy. Penne, which means "pen" in Italian, gets its name from its shape. Their tube-shape with angled ends was inspired by the quill of an old style ink pen.
Ridged penne are designed for meat, vegetable, cheese and oil or butter-based sauces. They are also perfect for baked dishes made with sauce and cheese. Penne all'Arrabbiata, penne with a spicy tomato sauce, is a favorite Italian dish.
Try Penne with chunkier meat or vegetable-based sauces, refined dairy-based sauces, like a mushroom cream sauce, tomato sauces, or spicy sauces. Penne is also delicious in baked casserole dishes, known as "pasta al forno". (from Barilla)
- Contains Wheat
Semolina (Wheat), Durum Flour, Niacin, Iron (Ferrous Sulfate), Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid.
This Product Is Manufactured On Equipment That Processes Products Containing Eggs.
Like That? You'll Love This.
- FreshDirectSan Marzano Tomato and Basil Marinara Sauce16oz$6.99/ea($6.99/lb)
- FreshDirectGreen Basil and Pignoli Pesto8oz$6.99/ea($13.98/lb)
- De CeccoSpaghetti16oz$3.19/ea($3.19/lb)
- Cal-OrganicOrganic Baby Carrotsapprox. 1lb$1.99/ea
- Parmigiano-Reggiano DOP, Aged 2 Years$22.99/lb
- De CeccoElbows16oz$3.19/ea($3.19/lb)
14%Ocean Mist FarmsBroccoliapprox. 2lb$3.49/ea2 for $6
- TropicanaPure Premium Orange Juice with Calcium and Vitamin D - No Pulp, Plastic Bottle52fl oz$4.29/ea($1.32/pt)
- Driscoll'sStrawberriesapprox. 16oz$3.99/ea
10%Lemons$0.89/ea5 for $4
- Red Bell Pepper, Large$2.99/lb
- Red Onion, Large$0.99/lb