Penne is one of the most famous Italian pasta shapes and are loved across Italy. Penne, which means "pen" in Italian, gets its name from its shape. Their tube-shape with angled ends was inspired by the quill of an old style ink pen.
Ridged penne are designed for meat, vegetable, cheese and oil or butter-based sauces. They are also perfect for baked dishes made with sauce and cheese. Penne all'Arrabbiata, penne with a spicy tomato sauce, is a favorite Italian dish.
Try Penne with chunkier meat or vegetable-based sauces, refined dairy-based sauces, like a mushroom cream sauce, tomato sauces, or spicy sauces. Penne is also delicious in baked casserole dishes, known as "pasta al forno". (from Barilla)
- Contains Wheat
Semolina (Wheat), Durum Flour, Niacin, Iron (Ferrous Sulfate), Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid.
This Product Is Manufactured On Equipment That Processes Products Containing Eggs.
- FreshDirectSan Marzano Tomato and Basil Marinara Sauce16oz$6.99/ea($6.99/lb)
- FreshDirectGreen Basil and Pignoli Pesto8oz$5.99/ea($11.98/lb)
12%Grape Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$3.99/ea2 for $7
15%Lemons$0.89/ea4 for $3
- BarillaThick Spaghetti16oz$1.59/ea($1.59/lb)
- BarillaAngel Hair16oz$1.69/ea($1.69/lb)
16%Avocados from MexicoHass Avocado$1.79/ea2 for $3
- BountyGiant 2-Ply Paper Towels Select-a-Size8ct, 83 sheets ea$16.26/cs($2.03/ct)