DescriptionShort-Term Misos, often called Mellow misos, contain less salt and soybeans and more rice or barley koji than our traditional misos. Since salt retards bacterial action, reducing salt content in these misos speeds up fermentation, allowing the aspergillus mold to move quickly through the abundant starches in rice or barley transforming them into simple sugars. When the aspergillus mold and the lactobacillus bacteria act on the grain, more starch turns to sugars in a much shorter time, creating a milder miso just right for lighter soups, sauces, and dressings. Thirty years experience in artisanal organic miso-making produces the finest miso in the world. (from Miso Master)Claims
- Gluten Free
- Non GMO
- Contains Soy
Organic Whole Soybeans, Organic Handmade Rice Koji, Sun Dried Sea Salt, Blue Ridge Mountain Well Water, Koji Spores.
Miso Master Organic Mellow White Miso
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Miso MasterOrganic Traditional Red Miso8oz$6.99/ea($13.98/lb)
- Miso MasterOrganic Brown Rice Miso8oz$6.99/ea($13.98/lb)
- KikkomanManjo Aji Mirin17fl oz$7.49/ea($7.05/pt)
16%Organic Ginger Rootapprox. 6oz$2.99/ea2 for $5
- wine&spiritsKiboJunmai Sake, Can180ml$5.99/ea($33.28/l)
- Wild Alaskan Black Cod Fillet$27.99/lb
- Garlic3ct, approx. 3.2oz$3.99/ea
- Equal ExchangeFair Trade Organic Bananas5ct$2.69/ea