- DescriptionThe Cornish game hen is a milder, smaller version of a chicken. Named for its origins in Cornwall, England, this quick-cooking little bird has a subtle, delicate taste. Our kitchen makes up a marinade of extra-virgin olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, coriander, garlic and sage to steep the lightly brined meat.Claims
- No Hydrogenated Oils
Bake- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place tray on middle rack and roast, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes (for a crisper skin, transfer hens to a baking sheet for cooking and raise temperature to 450°F for final 5 minutes). Remove from oven and allow to rest before serving.
Grill- Place hens skin-side down, grill over medium heat until skin is golden brown, about 8 minutes uncovered. Flip, close lid and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until done.
Must be cooked before consumption. The USDA recommends cooking poultry to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F as measured by thermometer.
- Please note: FreshDirect's kitchen uses eggs, fish, milk, shellfish, soy, peanuts, tree nuts and wheat ingredients.
Cornish Hen, Canola Oil, Water, Sage, Sugar, Garlic, Salt, Coriander, Black Pepper, White Pepper.
Butterflied Coriander-Sage Cornish Hens
Earliest delivery Fri 12/14
Like That? You'll Love This.
- FreshDirectGreen Beans Almondine16oz$10.99/ea($10.99/lb)
- Farm-Raised Lemon-Dill Salmon, WholeServes 10-12$95/ea
- Filet Mignon of Beef au Jus, WholeServes 6-8$139/ea
- Leg of Lamb au JusServes 6-8$85/ea
- FreshDirectSweet Noodle Kugel2.25lbs$12.99/ea($5.77/lb)
- Farm-Raised Lemon-Dill Salmon, HalfServes 4-6$50/ea
- Grilled Vegetable Platter, Large5.5lbs$75/ea
- FreshDirectAsparagus w/ Parsley and Garlic Butter17oz$9.29/ea($8.76/lb)
- Beef Brisket w/ Roasted Vegetables and GravyServes 6-8$110/ea