Saag it to me! For our classic saag paneer recipe, we simmer earthy spinach with onions, ginger, garlic and a tomato-based masala, featuring a flavorful mixture of spices: Indian chili pepper to offer a touch of heat, and cumin, mustard seeds and turmeric for added complexity. Floating in the river of spinachy goodness are cubes of roasted paneer, a common Southeast Asian cheese found in many Indian dishes. We highlight the rich spinach and tangy tomato flavors with a spot of yogurt cream.
1. Remove cardboard outer sleeve, leaving plastic film intact.
2. Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes (1000+ watts) or 3 ½ minutes (lower watts).
3. Before removing film, gently shake container and let stand for 1 minute. Enjoy!
CAUTION! MEAL AND STEAM WILL BE VERY HOT!
- Please note: FreshDirect's kitchen uses eggs, fish, milk, shellfish, soy, peanuts, tree nuts and wheat ingredients.
- Contains Milk
Spinach, Buttermilk (Cultured Reduced Fat Milk, Less Than 1% Of Modified Food Starch, Mono And Diglycerides, Carrageenan, Carob Bean Gum, Salt, Vitamin A Palmitate), Fire Roasted Tomatoes (Tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Salt, Calcium Chloride, Citric Acid), Paneer Cheese (Pasteurized Milk, Skim Milk, Salt, Citric Acid And/Or Vinegar), Onion, Nonfat Greek Yogurt (Grade A Pasteurized Skimmed Milk, Live Active Yogurt Cultures [L. Bulgaricus, S. Thermophilus, L. Acidophilus, Bifidus, L. Casei]), Heavy Cream (Heavy Cream, Less Than 0.5% Of Mono And Diglycerides, Polysorbate 80, Carrageenan), Canola Oil, Garlic, Water, Lemon Juice, Ginger, Kosher Salt, Brown Mustard Seeds, Cumin, Cornstarch, Turmeric, Crushed Red Chili Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Guar Gum.
About our Heat Index: We've developed this Heat Index to give you an approximation of how spicy a particular dish tastes. Keep in mind that people tolerate chili heat in very different ways, so this scale may not reflect your individual experience with a dish.* NO HEAT There's no heat here — safe for the kids. MINOR HEAT Expect no more than a little tingle on the tongue. SUBTLE HEAT One might describe this dish as "peppery." MEDIUM HEAT A spicy warmth that builds as you eat and lingers a while. STRONG HEAT This dish has kick — keep a cool beverage on hand. FIERY HEAT Your eyes will water. Your nose will run. You've been warned.
*Note for sensitive palates: Heat ratings are never guaranteed! Due to unpredictable environmental variations that range from rainfall to chance genetic changeability, chili spice often differs. Even two identical-looking jalapeños can pack two very different heat levels.
FreshDirect Saag Paneer
"Spinach Masala with Yogurt and Roasted Indian-Style Cheese"
Like That? You'll Love This.
- FreshDirectParmesan Polenta12oz$5.99/ea($7.99/lb)
- FreshDirectMassaman Chicken Curry11.4oz$8.99/ea($12.62/lb)
- FreshDirectThai-Style Chicken and Vegetable Curry (Raised w/o Antibiotics)12.7oz$8.99/ea($11.33/lb)
- FreshDirectRoasted Brussels Sprouts12oz$7.99/ea($10.65/lb)
- FreshDirectSpicy Peanut Tofu with Butternut Squash Noodles12.7oz$8.99/ea($11.26/lb)