Maryland Blue Crab Party Pack
Our Maryland Blue Crab Party Pack is everything you need for a traditional crab feast with none of the prep work. Caught in the Chesapeake Bay and brought to the docks daily, we receive these crabs live every day, inspect them to ensure premium quality, dust them with zesty Old Bay seasoning, and steam them immediately. Your user-friendly kit includes mallets, bibs, brown paper, and most importantly, a dozen delicious steamed Maryland blue crabs. All you have to do is add cold beer or lemonade to get the party started.Please note: Crabs arrive steamed, not live.
- 12 steamed and seasoned hard-shell crabs
- 2 wooden crab mallets
- 4 crab bibs
- 1 sheet brown crab paper
Our Maryland blue crabs are already cooked, so we recommend enjoying as is, but if you'd like to warm them up...
How to Heat 'Em
- Steam: Fill a large pot with 2 inches of water. Place a raised wire rack or steamer basket on the bottom to hold the crabs. For more flavor, add 1 cup of vinegar or beer. Place crabs in pot, layered atop rack (don't place crabs in the water). Bring to a boil, cover, and steam for no more than 8 minutes.
- Microwave: Place a damp paper towel over them to keep them moist and reheat on high for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Lay out brown paper and put on your bib. Have a small knife and mallet ready.
- Turn crab belly-up. Using the point of the knife, pry up the pointed center flap and discard.
- Pry off remaining bottom shell using your thumbs and discard.
- Remove the gills from each side of the crab and discard. (Don't eat 'em).
- Break the crab into two halves down the center, exposing the backfin meat.
- Use your FreshDirect mallet to crack the legs and claws.
- Gently tear the legs off one at a time, then crack the claws using your FD mallets, and enjoy the sweetest part of the crab.
How to Eat 'Em:
Plates and cutlery are not included but are available in our Plates & Utensils category. Platter serving utensils are included.Brand
|Serv. Size 3 oz picked meat (85g (about 1 large crab))|
|Amount Per Serving
|Calories 90||Calories From Fat 15|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 1.5g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|** Contains less than 2 percent of the Daily Value of these nutrients.|
|* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Calories per gram:|
|Fat 9 · Carbohydrate 4 · Protein 4|
- Please note: FreshDirect's kitchen uses eggs, fish, milk, shellfish, soy, peanuts, tree nuts and wheat ingredients.
- Contains Shellfish
Hard-Shell Blue Crab, Old Bay Seasoning (Celery Seed [Salt, Celery Seed], Spices [Red Pepper, Black Pepper], Paprika), Apple Cider Vinegar (Apple Cider Vinegar, Water).
ABOUT OUR DAILY QUALITY RATING SYSTEM
ABOUT OUR PACKAGING
Standard PackagingA Styrofoam tray that is sealed in plastic — rigid enough to stack in the fridge, and free of charge. Meat in standard packaging is best when eaten within 3 days (stored at a refrigerator temperature of 38 degrees). For optimal freezing we recommend vacuum packaging.
Vacuum PackagingThis sturdy, airtight plastic pouch will protect and prolong the life of your order. It is perfect for freezing. With the seal intact, vacuum-packed meat will keep for up to 9 months in your freezer. For your convenience, each roast is individually vacuum packed; when meat is sold as a chop, steak or by the pound, your meat will be vacuum-packed based on minimum quantity. For example, if the minimum quantity of chops is two, your chops will arrive in vacuum-packs of two.
NOTE: Always check the "use or freeze by" date on your product label.
While shopping, and prior to day of your delivery, you will see in your cart an estimated weight and price for variable weight items which are priced by the pound. On the day of your delivery, your actual variable items are prepared by weighing each item to determine the final price you see on your receipt. Please note that actual weight will vary from the estimated weight due to seasonality, source, and country of origin.
ABOUT OUR HEAT INDEX
We've developed this Heat Index to give you an approximation of how spicy a particular dish tastes. Keep in mind that people tolerate chili heat in very different ways, so this scale may not reflect your individual experience with a dish.*
NO HEATThere's no heat here — safe for the kids.
MINOR HEATExpect no more than a little tingle on the tongue.
SUBTLE HEATOne might describe this dish as "peppery."
MEDIUM HEATA spicy warmth that builds as you eat and lingers a while.
STRONG HEATThis dish has kick — keep a cool beverage on hand.
FIERY HEATYour eyes will water. Your nose will run. You've been warned.
*Note for sensitive palates: Heat ratings are never guaranteed! Due to unpredictable environmental variations that range from rainfall to chance genetic changeability, chili spice often differs. Even two identical-looking jalapeños can pack two very different heat levels.
SHOP SMARTER. SAVE MORE. WASTE LESS.
Enjoy our freshest feature - new Guaranteed Freshness Dates!
Introducing new Guaranteed Freshness Dates
We've always stood behind superior quality with Our Freshness Guarantee, but now you'll see clearly marked freshness information for all our perishable products (fruit, vegetables, flowers, meat, fish, dairy goods, etc.) as well as every item our kitchen produces.
Counting Fresh Days: How Our Guarantees Work
Start counting freshness dates on the day after you get your delivery. Keep in mind - these are only the minimum number of freshness days we guarantee. With appropriate food storage or flower care, you may enjoy even more.
How Guaranteed Freshness Dates Benefit You
Our Guaranteed Freshness Dates take the guesswork out of shopping so you can make informed decisions that help you avoid waste and save money. We offer far better freshness than the competition.
Our Freshness Guarantee
We take great pride in the quality of our fresh food, flowers and packaged goods, so we guarantee your satisfaction with every product, every time. If you are dissatisfied with any item in your order, just contact us right away, and we'll make it right.
How do we ensure such quality? It's been our mission from the beginning. Here are just a few of the ways we offer superior products in every order:
- Experts inspect our produce, flowers and seafood every morning and assign Daily Quality Ratings.
- Our food and flowers come directly from farms, dairies and fisheries (not middlemen), so they're always several days fresher when they get to your door.
- No retail store can match the standard of cleanliness and quality at our fully refrigerated, state-of-the-art facility.
- A range of temperature and humidity environments guarantee that every piece of produce and every flower is stored in its optimal climate.
- Our refrigerator-freezer trucks ensure your items are delivered as cold and fresh as they were when they left our facility.
Smart Storage and Care Means Maximum Freshness
When your food is properly stored and your flowers are properly cared for, you're likely to get even more fresh days for many items. Keep in mind that after a product is opened, you must refer to the package instructions on storage and usage.Click here to return to our homepage.