Our Maryland Blue Crab Party Pack is everything you need for a traditional crab feast with none of the prep work. Caught in the Chesapeake Bay and brought to the docks daily, we receive these crabs live every day, inspect them to ensure premium quality, dust them with zesty Old Bay seasoning, and steam them immediately. Your user-friendly kit includes mallets, bibs, brown paper, and most importantly, a dozen delicious steamed Maryland blue crabs. All you have to do is add cold beer or lemonade to get the party started.Please note: Crabs arrive steamed, not live.
- 12 steamed and seasoned hard-shell crabs
- 2 wooden crab mallets
- 4 crab bibs
- 1 sheet brown crab paper
Our Maryland blue crabs are already cooked, so we recommend enjoying as is, but if you'd like to warm them up...
How to Heat 'Em
- Steam: Fill a large pot with 2 inches of water. Place a raised wire rack or steamer basket on the bottom to hold the crabs. For more flavor, add 1 cup of vinegar or beer. Place crabs in pot, layered atop rack (don't place crabs in the water). Bring to a boil, cover, and steam for no more than 8 minutes.
- Microwave: Place a damp paper towel over them to keep them moist and reheat on high for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Lay out brown paper and put on your bib. Have a small knife and mallet ready.
- Turn crab belly-up. Using the point of the knife, pry up the pointed center flap and discard.
- Pry off remaining bottom shell using your thumbs and discard.
- Remove the gills from each side of the crab and discard. (Don't eat 'em).
- Break the crab into two halves down the center, exposing the backfin meat.
- Use your FreshDirect mallet to crack the legs and claws.
- Gently tear the legs off one at a time, then crack the claws using your FD mallets, and enjoy the sweetest part of the crab.
How to Eat 'Em: