These delicious Maryland blue crabs are caught in the Chesapeake Bay and brought to the docks daily. We get them delivered fresh every morning, inspect them to ensure premium quality, dust them with zesty Old Bay seasoning, and steam them immediately. They're perfect for an easy summer dinner for two, or if you're throwing a crab fest, combine as many six-packs as you need with our crab kit, which includes mallets, bibs, brown paper, and a dozen crabs.
Our Maryland blue crabs are already cooked, so we recommend enjoying as is, but if you'd like to warm them up...
How to Heat 'Em
- Steam: Fill a large pot with 2 inches of water. Place a raised wire rack or steamer basket on the bottom to hold the crabs. For more flavor, add 1 cup of vinegar or beer. Place crabs in pot, layered atop rack (don't place crabs in the water). Bring to a boil, cover, and steam for no more than 8 minutes.
- Microwave: Place a damp paper towel over them to keep them moist and reheat on high for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Turn crab belly-up. Using the point of the knife, pry up the pointed center flap and discard.
- Pry off remaining bottom shell using your thumbs and discard.
- Remove the gills from each side of the crab and discard. (Don't eat 'em).
- Break the crab into two halves down the center, exposing the backfin meat.
- Use your mallet to crack the legs and claws.
- Gently tear the legs off one at a time, then crack the claws using your mallets, and enjoy the sweetest part of the crab.
How to Eat 'Em:
- Contains Shellfish
- Please note: FreshDirect's kitchen uses eggs, fish, milk, shellfish, soy, peanuts, tree nuts and wheat ingredients.
Hard-Shell Blue Crab, Old Bay Seasoning (Celery Seed [Salt, Celery Seed], Spices [Red Pepper, Black Pepper], Paprika), Apple Cider Vinegar (Apple Cider Vinegar, Water).