Imagine olive trees, warm breezes from the Aegean Sea, and gardens overflowing with vibrant produce. This is Ikaria, a Greek Island where people live longer than almost everyone else on earth — and this stew is a staple in their diet. Our Ikarian Stew recipe is inspired by Dan Buettner's book on longevity, Blue Zones, and features a hearty, protein-dense mix of black-eyed peas, fennel, tomatoes, and dill. (from Splendid Spoon)
Water, Tomato Puree, Black Eyed Peas, Fennel, Onions, Olive Oil, Garlic, Dill, Rosemary, Sea Salt, Black Pepper.
Splendid Spoon Stew, Ikarian Longevity
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Splendid SpoonStew, Beans and Greens16oz$6.99/ea($6.99/lb)
- Splendid SpoonStew, Channa Potato16oz$6.99/ea($6.99/lb)
- Ladle of LoveSoup, Potato Leek16oz$7.99/ea($7.99/lb)
- Splendid SpoonSoup, Red Lentil Dal16oz$6.99/ea($6.99/lb)
- Ladle of LoveSoup, Harvest Celebration16oz$7.99/ea($7.99/lb)
- Splendid SpoonSoup, Lentil Kale16oz$6.99/ea($6.99/lb)
- FreshDirectWhite Bean Escarole Stew32oz$8.99/ea($4.50/lb)
- Ladle of LoveSoup, Chunky Vegetable16oz$7.99/ea($7.99/lb)
- Tio GazpachoReady-to-Drink Chilled Soup, Clásico10fl oz$4.99/ea($7.98/pt)