- DescriptionCooling freshness itself, and very, very versatile. Few aromatics can flavor ice cream and lamb. Fresh mint leaves add a sparkling clean lift to soups, sauces, salads, vegetables, meats, desserts, and more. An essential ingredient in many cooling summer drinks, mint makes a soothing hot tea all by itself.
- More Information
FRESH HERBSStoring Basil
Wrap fresh basil in a damp paper towel and tuck it into a plastic bag for up to 4 days, or place stems in a glass of water and refrigerate for up to a week (remove dark leaves and change the water daily).
Wrap fresh sorrel in a damp paper towel and place it into a plastic bag. It should keep in the refrigerator for about 3 days.
Store fresh lemongrass in the refrigerator wrapped in plastic for up to 2 weeks; freeze the lower part of the trimmed bulb for up to a month.
Storing Bunched Herbs
When storing a bunch of herbs, immerse the stems in water, like a bouquet of flowers. Cover the jar with a plastic bag and place in the fridge. Change the water every day or so. Most herbs can keep for up to 5 days.
Storing Cut Herbs
Refrigerate cut herbs to keep them fresh. Wrap them loosely in paper towels and store in a plastic bag in the crisper compartment. Most herbs can keep for up to 5 days.
To preserve herbs, mince them finely, seal in an airtight container or plastic bag, and freeze. For herbs that will be used in soups, sauces, and stews, you can fill up an ice cube tray with a tablespoon of chopped herbs, cover with water, and freeze. Pop the cubes out of the tray and store in an airtight container.
- RecipesThomas Keller's Gazpacho Scented with MintSweet Pea and Mint SoupPork Scallopine with Mint PestoPeas with MintOrange Lamb Stuffed with Mint and PecansMinted PeasGrilled Striped Bass with Fresh MintFrittata with MintCouscous with Mushrooms and MintBruschetta with Smashed Peas & MintBread Soup with Garlic, Cucumber, Capers, and Mint
- Explanatory Information
Like That? You'll Love This.
16%Shallotsapprox. 1lb bag$2.99/ea2 for $5
- Ocean Mist FarmsScallionsapprox. 5.5oz$2.49/ea
33%Italian Parsleyapprox. 4oz$1.49/ea2 for $2
- Red Onion, Large$1.49/lb
- Chivesapprox. 2oz$1.99/ea
- Cilantroapprox. 4oz$1.99/ea
24%Green Cucumberapprox. 7oz$0.79/ea
$0.994 for $3
- Ocean Mist FarmsFennelapprox. 12oz$1.99/ea
19%Lemons$0.99/ea5 for $4
- Dillapprox. 4oz$2.49/ea