- DescriptionThe king of cheeses. The cheese of kings. The true Parmigiano. Aged two years, sharp and sweet, with a firm, fudgy texture, and flecked throughout with tiny crystals of protein. We hand-selected two small cheese-makers in the Apennine hills of Emilia-Romagna to export their premium product exclusively to FreshDirect. Known the world over as the perfect grating cheese, but often overlooked as a table cheese and companion to bold red wines. Try it straight, by the chunk, drizzled with aged balsamic vinegar.Cheese 101Learn the essentials — from buying to serving
Why We Love It
The nutty and salty notes in Parmigiano make it a wonderful table cheese or finishing touch.
Tasting notes: Pineapple, dried apricot, hazelnut, hay, salt
Serve it with: Muscat grapes, dried pear, sweet coppa, truffle honey, Corvina, Montepulciano, port, prosecco
Over pasta: Using a fine grater, shower freshly-cooked pasta with a generous pile of Parmigiano.
Over salad: Using a vegetable peeler, create fat cheese curls to top greens. Especially good over arugula.
- Contains Milk Ingredients
Milk, Salt, Rennet.
- More Information
Parmigiano-Reggiano DOP, Aged 2 Years
- SopranoGalloni Prosciutto, 24-Month Aged0.25lb | $29.99/lb$7.50
15%Lemons$0.89/ea4 for $3
50%Italian Parsleyapprox. 4oz$0.99/ea
5%Limes$0.79/ea4 for $3
28%Ocean Mist FarmsBroccoliapprox. 2lb$2.99/ea
$3.492 for $5
- Ocean Mist FarmsCeleryapprox. 1lb$2.49/ea
- Rosemaryapprox. 2oz$1.99/ea
12%Driscoll'sStrawberriesapprox. 16oz$3.99/ea2 for $7
- Red Onion, Large$1.49/lb
16%Avocados from MexicoHass Avocado$1.79/ea2 for $3
- Organic Tomatoes on the Vine$3.99/lb