- DescriptionThe king of cheeses. The cheese of kings. The true Parmigiano. Aged two years, sharp and sweet, with a firm, fudgy texture, and flecked throughout with tiny crystals of protein. We hand-selected two small cheese-makers in the Apennine hills of Emilia-Romagna to export their premium product exclusively to FreshDirect. Known the world over as the perfect grating cheese, but often overlooked as a table cheese and companion to bold red wines. Try it straight, by the chunk, drizzled with aged balsamic vinegar.Cheese 101Learn the essentials — from buying to serving
Why We Love It
The nutty and salty notes in Parmigiano make it a wonderful table cheese or finishing touch.
Tasting notes: Pineapple, dried apricot, hazelnut, hay, salt
Serve it with: Muscat grapes, dried pear, sweet coppa, truffle honey, Corvina, Montepulciano, port, prosecco
Over pasta: Using a fine grater, shower freshly-cooked pasta with a generous pile of Parmigiano.
Over salad: Using a vegetable peeler, create fat cheese curls to top greens. Especially good over arugula.
- Contains Milk Ingredients
Milk, Salt, Rennet.
- More Information
- RecipesAsparagus with ParmesanChicken Breast Schnitzel with a Parmesan CrustParmesan-Crusted Chicken CutletsEggplant ParmesanParmigiano-Reggiano Crisps with Goat Cheese MousseMarc Vetri's Very Spinach GnocchiWalnut and Parmesan BruschettaSteamed Littlenecks with Parmesan-Cucumber SaucePasta with Asparagus, Sugar Snap Peas, and Parmesan CheeseParmesan Twists
Parmigiano-Reggiano DOP, Aged 2 Years
Like That? You'll Love This.
- BarillaProteinPLUS Multigrain Elbows14.5oz$2.59/ea($2.85/lb)
- Just FreshDirectOrganic 100% Italian Extra-Virgin Olive Oil33.8fl oz$17.99/ea($8.52/pt)
- Just FreshDirectBalsamic Vinegar of Modena, Density 1.33250ml$14.99/ea($28.28/pt)
- 1655 Cave-Aged Gruyère AOP$23.99/lb
19%Lemons$0.99/ea5 for $4
25%Avocados from MexicoHass Avocados, Ready-to-Eat2pk$3.49/ea
$3.992 for $6
15%Limes$0.59/ea6 for $3
$3.992 for $5
- Italian Parsleyapprox. 4oz$1.49/ea
9%Driscoll'sStrawberriesapprox. 16oz$5.49/ea2 for $10
- Red Onion, Large$1.49/lb
15%Cal-OrganicOrganic Baby Carrotsapprox. 1lb$1.69/ea