- DescriptionThe fine folks at Satur Farms are constantly seeking new and interesting produce — after all, they're foodies. They're wild about this black Tuscan kale, a dark blue-green braising green with garden-fresh, lightly bittter taste. Enjoy in Italian-style soups, naturally, or sautée in olive oil with tomatoes, garlic and pine nuts. These leaves love risotto, polenta, sausage, potatoes, stir-fries and they take well to pickling. You might wonder how you ever got by without them.
- More Information
LEAFY GREENSStoring Spinach, Swiss Chard, and Collard, Dandelion, and Turnip Greens
These greens retain their crispness if kept in the coolest part of the fridge for up to 4 days. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Kale is tastiest if eaten soon after purchase, but it should keep in the refrigerator for up to a week if stored in a perforated plastic bag with its leaves close together.
Storing Chicory and Escarole
These greens retain their crispness for up to a week if kept in the coolest part of the fridge. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Storing Brussels Sprouts
Place unwashed Brussels sprouts in a paper bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator, where they should keep for 3 to 4 days.
Storing Kohlrabi Greens
These greens are very perishable, so wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for a couple of days.
Satur Farms Black Tuscan Kale
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Jumbo Yellow Onion$1.19/lb
20%Beefsteak Tomatoes, Large$1.99/lb
- Organic Garlic$4.99/lb
- Lancaster Farm Fresh CooperativeLocal Organic Red Onions, Medium$2.29/lb
- Field & FarmPlum Tomatoesapprox. 24oz$3.49/ea
- Red Onionsapprox. 2lbs$2.49/ea
40%SunsetAngel Sweet Grape Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$3.49/ea
$4.99Any 2 Cocktail Tomatoes for $6
- Lancaster Farm Fresh CooperativeLocal Organic Yellow Onionsapprox. 2lbs$4.29/ea
30%SunsetWild Wonders Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$3.99/ea
$4.99Any 2 Other Sunset Tomatoes for $7
- Red Onion, Large$1.49/lb
- Organic Tomatoes on the Vine$3.99/lb