- DescriptionThe fine folks at Satur Farms are constantly seeking new and interesting produce — after all, they're foodies. They're wild about this black Tuscan kale, a dark blue-green braising green with garden-fresh, lightly bittter taste. Enjoy in Italian-style soups, naturally, or sautée in olive oil with tomatoes, garlic and pine nuts. These leaves love risotto, polenta, sausage, potatoes, stir-fries and they take well to pickling. You might wonder how you ever got by without them.BrandAbout Satur Farms
- More Information
LEAFY GREENSStoring Spinach, Swiss Chard, and Collard, Dandelion, and Turnip Greens
These greens retain their crispness if kept in the coolest part of the fridge for up to 4 days. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Kale is tastiest if eaten soon after purchase, but it should keep in the refrigerator for up to a week if stored in a perforated plastic bag with its leaves close together.
Storing Chicory and Escarole
These greens retain their crispness for up to a week if kept in the coolest part of the fridge. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Storing Brussels Sprouts
Place unwashed Brussels sprouts in a paper bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator, where they should keep for 3 to 4 days.
Storing Kohlrabi Greens
These greens are very perishable, so wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for a couple of days.
Satur Farms Black Tuscan Kale
- White Onion, Large$1.49/lb
- SunsetWild Wonders Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$4.99/ea
newLancaster Farm Fresh CooperativeLocal Organic Sweet Onionsapprox. 3lb$5.99/ea
14%Grape Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$3.49/ea2 for $6
- Organic Garlic$4.99/lb
- Red Onion, Large$1.49/lb
12%Organic Grape Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$3.99/ea2 for $7
- Yellow Onions, Bagapprox. 2lb$1.99/ea
- Organic Tomatoes on the Vine$3.99/lb
50%Organic Yellow Onion, Medium$0.99/lb
newHepworth FarmsLocal Organic Mountain Magic Tomatoesapprox. 16oz$3.99/ea