- DescriptionBoston is as mild and likeable as green leaf, but with a character all its own. It's got as complex a flavor as you'll find in any lettuce. It has a pronounced crisp garden freshness balanced by just a touch of bitterness. The velvety texture that sets Boston apart from its coarser lettuce cousins earns its entry into the "butterhead" lettuce category.Please note: Since we try to handle your veggies as little as possible, we recommend you carefully wash your produce a couple of times before eating it.BrandOcean Mist Farms
- More Information
LETTUCEStoring Red and Green Leaf Lettuce
Store these lettuces unwashed in a loosely closed plastic bag in the refrigerator. They will keep for 2 to 3 days.
Store Romaine lettuce unwashed in a loosely closed plastic bag in the refrigerator, or wash the leaves, dry them thoroughly, and refrigerate in a tightly sealed plastic bag. Either way, Romaine should last for up to a week.
Storing Boston Lettuce
Store this butterhead lettuce unwashed in a loosely closed plastic bag in the refrigerator. It should keep for 2 to 3 days. If you wash the leaves, dry them thoroughly, and refrigerate in a tightly sealed plastic bag, Boston lettuce will last for about a week.
Storing Iceberg Lettuce
Store iceberg lettuce unwashed in a perforated or loosely closed plastic bag in the refrigerator crisper. It will keep for about a week.
Storing Arugula and Mesclun
These salad greens are very perishable, so wrap them in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for 2 to 3 days.
Storing Salad Mixes
Unopened salad mixes will stay fresh in the refrigerator until the "Best By" date stamped on the front of the bag. Once opened, the salad should keep for several days, stored in a sealed plastic bag.
This green retains its crispness for up to 4 days if kept in the coolest part of the fridge. Store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
The delicacy that serves mâche well in your salad is its enemy in the refrigerator. Don't plan on storing it more than 1 or 2 days.
Storing Belgian Endive, Frisée, and Radicchio
To store these lettuces, place in dampened paper towels or perforated plastic bags and store in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for up to 5 days; after that they will lose their crispness.
To keep cress fresh, immerse stems in water or wrap them in a damp paper towel and refrigerate for no more than 2 or 3 days.
Storing Lollo Rosso
Lollo rosso is very perishable, so wrap it in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator, where it should keep for 2 to 3 days.
- Serving Suggestion
How much should I buy?1 head makes about 2 servings
Ocean Mist Farms Boston Lettuce
- Red Onion, Large$1.49/lb
14%Organic Red Leaf Lettucehead$3.49/eaAny 2 Organic Lettuce for $6.00
15%Lemons$0.89/ea4 for $3
- Ocean Mist FarmsCeleryapprox. 1lb$2.49/ea
12%Driscoll'sStrawberriesapprox. 16oz$3.99/ea2 for $7
- Cilantroapprox. 4oz$1.99/ea
5%Limes$0.79/ea4 for $3
- Ocean Mist FarmsScallionsapprox. 5.5oz$1.69/ea
16%Avocados from MexicoHass Avocado$1.79/ea2 for $3
- Organic Arugulaapprox. 10oz$2.49/ea
28%Ocean Mist FarmsBroccoliapprox. 2lb$2.99/ea
$3.492 for $5