- DescriptionSweet and mild. Just a step away from iceberg. It's crispy, crunchy, mild, and holds every kind of salad dressing. Green leaf can expand your lettuce horizons.Claims
- More Information
LETTUCEStoring Red and Green Leaf Lettuce
Store these lettuces unwashed in a loosely closed plastic bag in the refrigerator. They will keep for 2 to 3 days.
Store Romaine lettuce unwashed in a loosely closed plastic bag in the refrigerator, or wash the leaves, dry them thoroughly, and refrigerate in a tightly sealed plastic bag. Either way, Romaine should last for up to a week.
Storing Boston Lettuce
Store this butterhead lettuce unwashed in a loosely closed plastic bag in the refrigerator. It should keep for 2 to 3 days. If you wash the leaves, dry them thoroughly, and refrigerate in a tightly sealed plastic bag, Boston lettuce will last for about a week.
Storing Iceberg Lettuce
Store iceberg lettuce unwashed in a perforated or loosely closed plastic bag in the refrigerator crisper. It will keep for about a week.
Storing Arugula and Mesclun
These salad greens are very perishable, so wrap them in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for 2 to 3 days.
Storing Salad Mixes
Unopened salad mixes will stay fresh in the refrigerator until the "Best By" date stamped on the front of the bag. Once opened, the salad should keep for several days, stored in a sealed plastic bag.
This green retains its crispness for up to 4 days if kept in the coolest part of the fridge. Store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
The delicacy that serves mâche well in your salad is its enemy in the refrigerator. Don't plan on storing it more than 1 or 2 days.
Storing Belgian Endive, Frisée, and Radicchio
To store these lettuces, place in dampened paper towels or perforated plastic bags and store in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for up to 5 days; after that they will lose their crispness.
To keep cress fresh, immerse stems in water or wrap them in a damp paper towel and refrigerate for no more than 2 or 3 days.
Storing Lollo Rosso
Lollo rosso is very perishable, so wrap it in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator, where it should keep for 2 to 3 days.
Organic Green Leaf Lettuce
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Backyard FarmsCocktail Tomatoesapprox. 10oz$4.99/ea
- Piave Vecchio DOP0.25lb | $16.99/lb$4.25
16%O-Live & Co.Extra-Virgin Premium Olive Oil25fl oz$12.99/ea
- Newman's OwnLight Balsamic Vinaigrette16oz$4.29/ea($4.29/pt)
- New York BakeryThe Original Texas Toast Croutons, Seasoned5oz$1.99/ea($6.42/pt)
12%Mini Seedless Cucumber Packapprox. 16oz$3.99/ea2 for $7
10%SunsetWild Wonders Tomatoesapprox. 12oz
- Domestic Parmesan0.5lb$5.99/ea($11.98/lb)
- Just FreshDirectOrganic 100% Italian Extra-Virgin Olive Oil33.8fl oz$17.99/ea($8.52/pt)
- Annie's NaturalsBalsamic Vinaigrette8oz$4.19/ea($8.38/pt)
- New York BakeryThe Original Texas Toast Croutons, Garlic and Butter Flavored5oz$1.99/ea($6.42/pt)
16%Greenhouse Cucumberapprox. 12oz$2.69/ea
$2.992 for $5