- Radicchio has an unmistakable snappy bitterness that's a great contrast to the mild sweetness of other lettuces and baby greens. It's a lettuce with backbone. Its distinctive flavor, candy-cane color, and crinkly crispness add spirit to salad. And, though salad is its natural hangout, radicchio has enough character to stand up to grilling, sautéing, or baking.Origin
LETTUCEStoring Red and Green Leaf Lettuce
Store these lettuces unwashed in a loosely closed plastic bag in the refrigerator. They will keep for 2 to 3 days.
Store Romaine lettuce unwashed in a loosely closed plastic bag in the refrigerator, or wash the leaves, dry them thoroughly, and refrigerate in a tightly sealed plastic bag. Either way, Romaine should last for up to a week.
Storing Boston Lettuce
Store this butterhead lettuce unwashed in a loosely closed plastic bag in the refrigerator. It should keep for 2 to 3 days. If you wash the leaves, dry them thoroughly, and refrigerate in a tightly sealed plastic bag, Boston lettuce will last for about a week.
Storing Iceberg Lettuce
Store iceberg lettuce unwashed in a perforated or loosely closed plastic bag in the refrigerator crisper. It will keep for about a week.
Storing Arugula and Mesclun
These salad greens are very perishable, so wrap them in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for 2 to 3 days.
Storing Salad Mixes
Unopened salad mixes will stay fresh in the refrigerator until the "Best By" date stamped on the front of the bag. Once opened, the salad should keep for several days, stored in a sealed plastic bag.
This green retains its crispness for up to 4 days if kept in the coolest part of the fridge. Store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
The delicacy that serves mâche well in your salad is its enemy in the refrigerator. Don't plan on storing it more than 1 or 2 days.
Storing Belgian Endive, Frisée, and Radicchio
To store these lettuces, place in dampened paper towels or perforated plastic bags and store in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for up to 5 days; after that they will lose their crispness.
To keep cress fresh, immerse stems in water or wrap them in a damp paper towel and refrigerate for no more than 2 or 3 days.
Storing Lollo Rosso
Lollo rosso is very perishable, so wrap it in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator, where it should keep for 2 to 3 days.
How much should I buy?Mixed with other lettuces, 1 head makes about 3 servings
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Ocean Mist FarmsBroccoliapprox. 2lb$3.49/ea
- Ocean Mist FarmsFennelapprox. 12oz$2.99/ea
- Driscoll'sStrawberriesapprox. 16oz$4.99/ea
- $2.99/ea2 for $5.00
- Ocean Mist FarmsScallionsapprox. 5.5oz$2.29/ea2 for $4.00
- Ocean Mist FarmsCeleryapprox. 1lb$2.49/ea2 for $4.00
- Organic Arugulaapprox. 10oz$2.29/ea2 for $4.00