We've partnered with local farmers in Upstate New York to bring you this delectable variety pack of 100% grass-fed beef so you can be sure you're getting the freshest, most flavorsome beef straight from the farm. This is a cow share you can count on, containing a proportional selection of meat from a whole cowshare with family and friends or split a box with neighbors. The shares are seasonally curated to feature more roasts in the winter and more steaks in the summer, so you can stew and grill as the weather dictates. There's never been a more economical way to buy beef!
We're working directly with Vermont Packing House to carefully butcher a premium selection of beef, and make sure all your meat is individually labeled, vacuum-packed, and frozen for locked-in freshness. Here's what you'll get in each box (please note that quantities and sizes may vary slightly):
- 1-2 packs of grilling steak (one or more of the following: tenderloin, sirloin, rib eye, striploin)
- 1-2 packs of braising/specialty meat (one or more of the following: flat iron, mock tender, short ribs, tri-tip, flank, skirt, sirloin flap, petit tender, brisket flat, tenderloin tips, hanger))
- 1 pack of roast (one of the following: sirloin tip, rump, round, chuck)
- 1 pack of stew meat (about ½ a pound)
- 4-5 packs of ground beef (about one pound each)
Handy hack: Our meat expert suggests using one of the roasts to make several stews and braising steaks.
Sourced exclusively from: Lewis Family Farm
Nestled serenely on the shorelines of Lake Champlain in the valley between the Adirondacks and Vermont's Green Mountain range, the Lewis Family Farm is devoted to sustainable agriculture. The cattle live freely outdoors year-round, rotating from woodlands in winter (where they are fed bailed grass) to lush, mineral-rich pastures where they are rotationally grazed the rest of the year. Antibiotics are only used when absolutely necessary and all natural methods have proven ineffective. When needed it is done under the careful supervision of the farm veterinarian and documented to provide full disclosure to anyone. The herd is raised without any hormones and exclusively grass-fed, which means they're never given grain. The result? Succulent, flavorful lean cuts of 100% grass-fed beef.