We've partnered with local farmers in Upstate New York to bring you this delectable variety pack of certified organic 100% grass-fed beef so you can be sure you're getting the freshest, most flavorsome beef straight from the farm. This is a cow share you can count on, containing a proportional selection of meat from a whole cow share with family, split a box with neighbors, or make smaller packs for freezing. The shares are seasonally curated to feature more roasts in the winter and more steaks in the summer, so you can stew and grill as the weather dictates. There's never been a more economical way to buy beef!
We're working directly with USDA Organic Certified Vermont Packing House to carefully butcher a premium selection of beef, and make sure all your meat is individually labeled, vacuum-packed, and frozen for locked-in freshness. Here's what you'll get in each box (please note that quantities and sizes may vary slightly):
- 1-2 packs of grilling steak (one or more of the following: tenderloin, sirloin, rib eye, striploin)
- 1-2 packs of braising/specialty meat (one or more of the following: flat iron, mock tender, short ribs, tri-tip, flank, skirt, sirloin flap, petit tender, brisket flat, tenderloin tips, hanger)
- 1 pack of roast (one of the following: sirloin tip, rump, round, chuck)
- 1 pack of specialty meat (one of the following: flank, skirt, sirloin flap, petit tender, brisket flat, tenderloin tips, hanger)
- 1 pack of stew meat (about 1 pound)
- 4-5 packs of ground beef (about one pound each)
- 1-2 packs of bonus meat (one of the following: meaty soup bone, oxtail)
Handy hack: Our meat expert suggests using one of the roasts to make several stews and braising steaks.
Sourced exclusively from: Ortensi Farm, NY
Spanning 500 acres across three towns and two counties in Central New York, the Ortensi Farm is owned and run by husband-and-wife team Bernadette and Greg Ortensi. The couples steadfast commitment to the land and the cattle they raise means pesticides are never used on the fields or in the feed, and the herd is raised without hormones, antibiotics, animal byproducts, GMOs, or artificial fertilizer. The cattle live freely outdoors year-round on mineral-rich pastures on which they are rotationally grazed and exclusively grass-fed. The result? Succulent, flavorful lean cuts of exquisite beef. Ortensi Farm is proud to be certified organic by the Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA).