This heritage-breed chicken was humanely raised without antibiotics by our friends at Joyce Farms, a small artisanal producer of the most distinctive heritage poultry in America. It's a superior chicken that meets the Label Rouge specification — a French government program to recognize producers who preserve heritage breed and old-world farming methods.
Joyce Farms chickens enjoy outdoor access, meaning they get plenty of exercise, which results in succulent, flavorful meat. The chicken is processed using an air-chilling technique (rather than being immersed in cold water), which gives these birds a more tender texture. The thin skin always finishes nice and crispy, and we think the best way to appreciate the flavor is to roast it and serve with mashed potato and peas.
- All vegetable diet
- Hormone Free
- Raised Without Antibiotics
Poulet Rouge Heritage Air-Chilled Whole Chicken, Raised w/o Antibiotics, Fresh
Earliest delivery Thu 9/27
- Poussin Rouge Heritage Cornish Hen, Raised w/o Antibiotics, Fresh$4.89/lb
- Sharon'sSorbet, Chocolate16fl oz$5.99/ea
- Lancaster Farm Fresh CooperativeLocal Organic Sweet Onionsapprox. 3lb$5.99/ea
- Sharon'sSorbet, Coconut16fl oz$5.99/ea
- Boar's HeadTop Round Pastrami0.50lb | $12.99/lb$6.50