- DescriptionA pear with a buttery texture and juice so abundant that it spurts when you bite into it. Smells clean and green, like a meadow in the morning. We love to pair this meaty pear with a soft cheese like Brie or a robust one like Gorgonzola. The name is short for "Doyenne du Comice," which translates to "Top of the Show." We give it a blue ribbon for simply eating out of hand.Origin
USASeasonPear Season: Fall thru Winter
- More Information
To ripen pears, store them at room temperature for 2 to 3 days. Since these fruits become more fragile as they ripen, try to store them loosely in a bowl or on a plate. When ripe, most pears will give slightly when pressed gently near the stem. Some pears, like Bartlett, turn from green to yellow and produce a fragrance as they ripen.
Storing Ripe Pears
Once a pear hits its peak ripeness, transfer it to the refrigerator crisper and eat within a few days.
Storing Asian Pears
Asian pears will remain quite firm when they are ripe, so the key to determining if they are ready to eat is aroma: a ripe Asian pear will be quite fragrant. If they are unblemished, most Asian pears should keep in the refrigerator crisper for up to 2 months. Wrap each pear in paper towels to protect it, and place in a perforated plastic bag.
- Explanatory Information
"Doyenné du Comice"
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Ocean Mist FarmsBroccoliapprox. 2lb$2.99/ea
$3.492 for $5
$1.49Any 5 Seasonal Citrus for $4.00
- $0.79/ea4 for $3
- $1.79/ea2 for $3
- Ocean Mist FarmsCeleryapprox. 1lb$1.69/ea
$1.992 for $3
- Green Seedless Grapesapprox. 2lb$3.99/lb
- Grape Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$2.49/ea
$2.992 for $4