- DescriptionA rutabaga has a turnip's dense texture and a cabbage's pleasant sharpness. Big and substantial, yellow and thick-skinned, it looks like a cross between a turnip and a squash. Like turnips, rutabagas can stand in for potatoes mash them with butter or cube them in stews. They help round out the flavor of chicken soup or any stock.
- Serving Suggestion
How much should I buy?1 makes about 4 servings
- Explanatory Information
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Sageapprox. 2oz$2.49/ea
- Ocean Mist FarmsCeleryapprox. 1lb$3.49/ea
24%Thymebunch$1.99/ea2 for $3
- Celery Root$3.99/lb
- Butternut Squash$1.69/lb
- Ocean Mist FarmsBrussels Sproutsapprox. 1lb$3.99/ea
- Italian Parsleyapprox. 4oz$1.49/ea
- Shallotsapprox. 1lb bag$2.99/ea
- Ocean Mist FarmsFennelapprox. 12oz$1.99/ea
- Gold Potatoes$1.29/lb
- Cal-OrganicOrganic Carrotsapprox. 1lb$1.49/ea