DescriptionA rutabaga has a turnip's dense texture and a cabbage's pleasant sharpness. Big and substantial, yellow and thick-skinned, it looks like a cross between a turnip and a squash. Like turnips, rutabagas can stand in for potatoes mash them with butter or cube them in stews. They help round out the flavor of chicken soup or any stock.
How much should I buy?1 makes about 4 servings
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Celery Root$4.99/lb
- Butternut Squash$1.69/lb
it's backLoose Beets$0.99/lb
- Cal-OrganicOrganic Carrotsapprox. 1lb$1.49/ea
- Ocean Mist FarmsCeleryapprox. 1lb$3.99/ea
- Ocean Mist FarmsFennelapprox. 12oz$1.99/ea
24%Thymebunch$1.99/ea2 for $3
- Gold Potatoes$1.29/lb
- Italian Parsleyapprox. 4oz$1.49/ea
- Rosemaryapprox. 2oz$1.99/ea
- Sageapprox. 2oz$2.49/ea