- DescriptionLocal steamers are big, sweet, briny clams. Steam them (it'll take about 5 to 10 minutes), fry them, or put them in chowder. But be sure to wash them well first. Because their shells never close completely, they do get sandy. Swish them around in several changes of water in a large pot until they're sand-free. Then steam and enjoy.Origin
USABrandAbout Ocean-Friendly Seafood
For best results, rinse under cold running water and pat dry before preparing according to your favorite method.
- More Information
- Serving Suggestion
How much should I buy?1lb makes an appetizer, 2lb makes about 1 main course serving
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Breakstone'sAll-Natural Unsalted Butter2ct, 4oz ea$3.79/ea($7.58/lb)
- Limes8-12ct, approx. 1.5lb bag$2.99/ea
- FreshDirectGarlic Bread Demi-Baguette, Frozen2ct, 9.5" ea$4.99/ea($4.99/ct)
- Meyer Lemons4-6ct, approx. 1lb bag$3.99/ea