- DescriptionLocal steamers are big, sweet, briny clams. Steam them (it'll take about 5 to 10 minutes), fry them, or put them in chowder. But be sure to wash them well first. Because their shells never close completely, they do get sandy. Swish them around in several changes of water in a large pot until they're sand-free. Then steam and enjoy.
For best results, rinse under cold running water and pat dry before preparing according to your favorite method.
- More Information
- Serving Suggestion
How much should I buy?1lb makes an appetizer, 2lb makes about 1 main course serving
Local Wild Steamer Clams
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Breakstone'sAll Natural Unsalted Whipped Butter8oz$3.79/ea($7.58/lb)
- FreshDirect FrozenPlain Demi-Baguette2ct, 9.5" ea$3.29/ea($1.65/ct)
19%Lemons$0.99/ea5 for $4
- Breakstone'sAll-Natural Unsalted Butter2ct, 4oz ea$3.79/ea($7.58/lb)
- FreshDirect FrozenFrench Baguette20"$2.49/ea($2.49/ct)
15%Limes$0.59/ea6 for $3
- Just FreshDirectOrganic Unsalted Butter4ct, 1lb$5.49/ea($5.49/lb)
12%FreshDirect FrozenGarlic Bread Demi-Baguette2ct, 9.5" ea$5.25/ea
- Lemons5-7ct, approx. 2lb bag$5.99/ea
- KerrygoldSalted Pure Irish Butter8oz$3.79/ea($7.58/lb)
- FreshDirect FrozenSemolina Demi Baguette2pk, 11" ea$3.29/ea($1.65/ct)
19%Organic Limes$0.99/ea5 for $4