Succulent Dungeness crabs are a treasure of the cold, clear waters of the Pacific Northwest. They have chunky, flaky, bright white flesh with a salty-sweet, lobsterlike flavor. Each crab has enough meat for a generous single or two small servings.
How to Eat:
- Have a small knife and mallet or nutcracker ready.
- Turn crab belly-up. Using the point of the knife, pry up the pointed center flap and discard.
- Turn crab right side up and pry off top shell using your thumbs and discard.
- Remove the gills from each side of the crab and discard. (Don't eat 'em.)
- Break the crab into two halves down the center, exposing the backfin meat
- Gently tear and twist off the legs one at a time, then crack open using your mallet or nutcracker.
Dungeness crab may be served hot or cold. We recommend dipping the fresh meat in a lemon-garlic butter, cocktail sauce, or garlic aioli. Enjoy!
- Serving Suggestion
How much should I buy?1 crab makes 1 main course serving
Fresh Cooked Dungeness Crab
- Just FreshDirectOrganic Unsalted Butter4ct, 1lb$4.79/ea($4.79/lb)
- FreshDirect FrozenPlain Demi-Baguette2ct, 9.5" ea$3.25/ea($1.62/ct)
- Lemons5-7ct, approx. 2lb bag$5.99/ea
- KerrygoldSalted Pure Irish Butter8oz$3.79/ea($7.58/lb)
56%FreshDirect FrozenFrench Baguette20"$0.99/ea
19%Organic Limes$0.99/ea5 for $4
33%Land O'LakesUnsalted Butter4ct, 4oz ea$3.99/ea
- FreshDirect FrozenSemolina Demi Baguette2pk, 11" ea$3.25/ea($1.62/ct)
15%Limes$0.59/ea6 for $3
- Just FreshDirectOrganic Salted Butter4ct, 1lb$4.79/ea($4.79/lb)
- FreshDirect FrozenOven-Ready Sourdough Rolls6ct$3.99/ea($0.67/ct)
- Limes8-12ct, approx. 1.5lb bag$3.99/ea