Succulent Dungeness crabs are a treasure of the cold, clear waters of the Pacific Northwest. They have chunky, flaky, bright white flesh with a salty-sweet, lobsterlike flavor. Each crab has enough meat for a generous single or two small servings.
How to Eat:
- Have a small knife and mallet or nutcracker ready.
- Turn crab belly-up. Using the point of the knife, pry up the pointed center flap and discard.
- Turn crab right side up and pry off top shell using your thumbs and discard.
- Remove the gills from each side of the crab and discard. (Don't eat 'em.)
- Break the crab into two halves down the center, exposing the backfin meat
- Gently tear and twist off the legs one at a time, then crack open using your mallet or nutcracker.
Dungeness crab may be served hot or cold. We recommend dipping the fresh meat in a lemon-garlic butter, cocktail sauce, or garlic aioli. Enjoy!
Fresh Cooked Dungeness Crab
- Organic ValleyLightly Salted Cultured Pasture Butter8oz$4.69/ea($9.38/lb)
- FreshDirect FrozenPlain Demi-Baguette2ct, 9.5" ea$2.99/ea($1.50/ct)
15%Lemons$0.89/ea4 for $3
- KerrygoldSalted Pure Irish Butter8oz$3.79/ea($7.58/lb)
- FreshDirect FrozenFrench Baguette20"$2.25/ea($2.25/ct)
5%Limes$0.79/ea4 for $3
- Just FreshDirectOrganic Unsalted Butter4ct, 1lb$4.49/ea($4.49/lb)
- FreshDirect FrozenGarlic Bread Demi-Baguette2ct, 9.5" ea$4.99/ea($4.99/ct)
19%Organic Limes$0.99/ea5 for $4
- Just FreshDirectOrganic Salted Butter4ct, 1lb$4.49/ea($4.49/lb)
- FreshDirect FrozenSemolina Demi Baguette2pk, 11" ea$2.99/ea($1.50/ct)
- Limes8-12ct, approx. 1.5lb bag$4.99/ea