Succulent Dungeness crabs are a treasure of the cold, clear waters of the Pacific Northwest. They have chunky, flaky, bright white flesh with a salty-sweet, lobsterlike flavor. Each crab has enough meat for a generous single or two small servings.
How to Eat:
- Have a small knife and mallet or nutcracker ready.
- Turn crab belly-up. Using the point of the knife, pry up the pointed center flap and discard.
- Turn crab right side up and pry off top shell using your thumbs and discard.
- Remove the gills from each side of the crab and discard. (Don't eat 'em.)
- Break the crab into two halves down the center, exposing the backfin meat
- Gently tear and twist off the legs one at a time, then crack open using your mallet or nutcracker.
Dungeness crab may be served hot or cold. We recommend dipping the fresh meat in a lemon-garlic butter, cocktail sauce, or garlic aioli. Enjoy!
- Contains Shellfish
Not available for delivery on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays