- DescriptionThese organic mussels from Newfoundland are grown on lines in deep water sites, in depths of 40 to 120 feet. The clear, icy waters in the area provide a pure, clean growing environment, and this pampered lifestyle leaves them nearly completely free of grit. Steam them in white wine with parsley, garlic and butter, or in a tomato-based broth. Mussels make a classic pairing with pommes frites and a frosty glass of ale.
Keep in mind that while live mussels are usually closed, they do need to breathe, so you may find them slightly open. You can easily check a mussel for signs of life — just squeeze the shell gently a few times and discard if it doesn't respond by closing.
Farm-Raised Organic Newfoundland Rope Cultured Mussels
- Just FreshDirectOrganic Unsalted Butter4ct, 1lb$4.49/ea($4.49/lb)
- FreshDirect FrozenGarlic Bread Demi-Baguette2ct, 9.5" ea$4.99/ea($4.99/ct)
15%Lemons$0.89/ea4 for $3
- Breakstone'sAll-Natural Salted Butter2ct, 4oz ea$3.69/ea($7.38/lb)
- FreshDirect FrozenOven-Ready Multigrain Rolls6ct$3.99/ea($0.66/ct)
5%Limes$0.79/ea4 for $3
- Just FreshDirectOrganic Salted Butter4ct, 1lb$4.49/ea($4.49/lb)
- FreshDirect FrozenFrench Baguette20"$2.25/ea($2.25/ct)
3%Organic Lemons$1.29/ea4 for $5
- Breakstone'sAll Natural Unsalted Whipped Butter8oz$3.69/ea($7.38/lb)
- FreshDirect FrozenSemolina Demi Baguette2pk, 11" ea$2.99/ea($1.50/ct)
- Lemons5-7ct, approx. 2lb bag$5.99/ea