- These organic mussels from Newfoundland are grown on lines in deep water sites, in depths of 40 to 120 feet. The clear, icy waters in the area provide a pure, clean growing environment, and this pampered lifestyle leaves them nearly completely free of grit. Steam them in white wine with parsley, garlic and butter, or in a tomato-based broth. Mussels make a classic pairing with pommes frites and a frosty glass of ale.BrandAbout Ocean-Friendly Seafood
Keep in mind that while live mussels are usually closed, they do need to breathe, so you may find them slightly open. You can easily check a mussel for signs of life — just squeeze the shell gently a few times and discard if it doesn't respond by closing.
Farm-Raised Organic Newfoundland Rope Cultured Mussels
Like That? You'll Love This.
- $3.99/ea2 for $6.00($0.66/ct)
- $0.59/ea4 for $2.00
- $0.89/ea5 for $4.00
- Lemonsapprox. 2lb, 5-7 per bag$4.99/ea
- Land O'LakesSalted Butter4ct, 4oz ea$6.29/ea($6.29/lb)
- FreshDirectPlain Demi-Baguette, Frozen2ct, 9.5" ea$2.75/ea($1.38/ct)
- $1.29/ea4 for $5.00