- DescriptionThese organic mussels from Newfoundland are grown on lines in deep water sites, in depths of 40 to 120 feet. The clear, icy waters in the area provide a pure, clean growing environment, and this pampered lifestyle leaves them nearly completely free of grit. Steam them in white wine with parsley, garlic and butter, or in a tomato-based broth. Mussels make a classic pairing with pommes frites and a frosty glass of ale.BrandAbout Ocean-Friendly Seafood
Keep in mind that while live mussels are usually closed, they do need to breathe, so you may find them slightly open. You can easily check a mussel for signs of life — just squeeze the shell gently a few times and discard if it doesn't respond by closing.
- Explanatory Information
Farm-Raised Organic Newfoundland Rope Cultured Mussels
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Breakstone'sAll-Natural Salted Butter2ct, 4oz ea$2.79/ea
$3.79Any 2 Butters for $5.00($5.58/lb)
- FreshDirectPlain Demi-Baguette, Frozen2ct, 9.5" ea$2.75/ea($1.38/ct)
- FreshDirectGarlic Bread Demi-Baguette, Frozen2ct, 9.5" ea$4.99/ea($4.99/ct)
- $1.29/ea4 for $5.00
- $1.99/ea2 for $3.50($1.99/ct)
- Lemonsapprox. 2lb, 5-7 per bag$4.79/ea