- DescriptionThese organic mussels from Newfoundland are grown on lines in deep water sites, in depths of 40 to 120 feet. The clear, icy waters in the area provide a pure, clean growing environment, and this pampered lifestyle leaves them nearly completely free of grit. Steam them in white wine with parsley, garlic and butter, or in a tomato-based broth. Mussels make a classic pairing with pommes frites and a frosty glass of ale.BrandAbout Ocean-Friendly Seafood
Keep in mind that while live mussels are usually closed, they do need to breathe, so you may find them slightly open. You can easily check a mussel for signs of life — just squeeze the shell gently a few times and discard if it doesn't respond by closing.
- Explanatory Information
Farm-Raised Organic Newfoundland Rope Cultured Mussels
Like That? You'll Love This.
- FreshDirectSemolina Demi Baguette, Frozen2pk, 11" ea$2.99/ea($1.50/ct)
- Organic Limes7-8ct, approx. 1lb bag$4.49/ea2 for $8
- FreshDirectPlain Demi-Baguette, Frozen2ct, 9.5" ea$2.99/ea($1.50/ct)
- $1.29/ea4 for $5
- Land O'LakesSalted Butter4ct, 4oz ea$5.99/ea($5.99/lb)
- Meyer Lemons4-6ct, approx. 1lb bag$2.99/ea
- Breakstone'sAll-Natural Salted Butter2ct, 4oz ea$3.69/ea($7.38/lb)
- $0.79/ea4 for $3