Chipirones are tiny squid harvested from the Atlantic Ocean. Exceedingly tender with a mild flavor, they are a gourmet delicacy. Ramón Peña cleans and bundles them inside-out, creating a little package of deliciousness. They are covered with a flavorful sauce made using their own ink along with tomato, olive oil, onion, and spices prior to canning. Serve warm or room temperature with crusty country bread and a glass of white wine.
Since the 1920s, Conservas Ramón Peña has been a premier producer of fine canned seafood. Situated in Galicia, the northwest of Spain, they are surrounded by cool, clean Atlantic waters that support a vibrant fishing tradition. In Spain, canned seafood is regarded as a gourmet product, and Ramón Peña is dedicated to providing premium quality to its customers. (from Ramón Peña)
- Contains Shellfish
Squids (Mollusc), Olive Oil, Onion, Pepper, Tomato, Salt, Wine, Ink, And Paprika.
Ramón Peña Squids in Ink
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Ramón PeñaMussels in Pickled Sauce3.9oz$12.99/ea($3.33/oz)
- Ramón PeñaSardines in Olive Oil4.6oz$12.99/ea($2.82/oz)
- OlasagastiFresh Anchovies, Donostiarra Style6.7oz$11.99/ea($1.79/oz)
- NortindalCuttlefish Ink4ct, 0.14oz ea$5.99/ea($9.98/oz)
- Ramón PeñaWhite Tuna in Olive Oil7.76oz$11.99/ea($1.55/oz)
- Cooked Octopus Legs, Previously Frozen2ct$29.99/lb