- DescriptionEver had creamy, tender, flawlessly seared scallops at a restaurant and wondered why your own often come out watery or overcooked? The secret to that succulent sear is a hot skillet and dry scallops.
These little gems come to us fresh from local dayboat fishermen. Since they're not treated, they won't retain the water that wet scallops do. To get that beautiful browned effect, simply heat your pan on high, add a smashed garlic clove and a little olive oil, and brown your scallops to luscious perfection on both sides.
For best results, rinse under cold running water and pat dry before preparing according to your favorite method.
Fresh Local Wild Sea Scallops
- Breakstone'sAll Natural Unsalted Whipped Butter8oz$3.69/ea($7.38/lb)
- FreshDirect FrozenPlain Demi-Baguette2ct, 9.5" ea$3.25/ea($1.62/ct)
- Lemons and Limes9-11ct, approx. 3lb bag$7.99/ea
- GrasslandSpreadable Salted Butter8oz$3.49/ea($6.98/lb)
56%FreshDirect FrozenFrench Baguette20"$0.99/ea
15%Lemons$0.89/ea4 for $3
- KerrygoldSalted Pure Irish Butter8oz$3.79/ea($7.58/lb)
- FreshDirect FrozenOven-Ready Sourdough Rolls6ct$3.99/ea($0.67/ct)
22%Organic Lemons$1.29/ea3 for $3
18%Breakstone'sAll-Natural Unsalted Butter2ct, 4oz ea$3.19/ea
$3.69Any 2 Butters for $6($6.38/lb)
- FreshDirect FrozenWheat Baguette16"$2.25/ea($2.25/ct)
15%Limes$0.59/ea6 for $3