- DescriptionThe cold, pristine waters of Casco Bay are renowned for producing plump, nutritious and deliciously tasty mussels. Suspended from growing ropes, they feed naturally on the ever-changing Maine tidal current, which results in a sweet fullness in flavor, a clean shell, and a consistent size. Perfect to prepare any way you like 'em.
Unless mussels are stored on ice, it's natural for them to open slightly to breathe. If any of your mussels arrive open, you can check they're alive by gently squeezing the shell. If the mussel doesn't respond by closing, then discard it. Some mussels close more slowly than others, but they are still good to eat. We recommend planning to eat mussels the same day you receive them.
- Contains Shellfish
- Explanatory Information
Farm Raised Casco Bay Mussels
- FreshDirect FrozenGarlic Bread Demi-Baguette2ct, 9.5" ea$4.99/ea($4.99/ct)
- $0.89/ea4 for $3
- Land O'LakesSalted Butter4ct, 4oz ea$5.99/ea($5.99/lb)
- FreshDirect FrozenPlain Demi-Baguette2ct, 9.5" ea$2.99/ea($1.50/ct)
- $0.79/ea4 for $3
- Breakstone'sAll-Natural Salted Butter2ct, 4oz ea$3.69/ea($7.38/lb)
- Meyer Lemons4-6ct, approx. 1lb bag$3.99/ea
- Lemons5-7ct, approx. 2lb bag$5.99/ea