- DescriptionThe cold, pristine waters of Casco Bay are renowned for producing plump, nutritious and deliciously tasty mussels. Suspended from growing ropes, they feed naturally on the ever-changing Maine tidal current, which results in a sweet fullness in flavor, a clean shell, and a consistent size. Perfect to prepare any way you like 'em.
Unless mussels are stored on ice, it's natural for them to open slightly to breathe. If any of your mussels arrive open, you can check they're alive by gently squeezing the shell. If the mussel doesn't respond by closing, then discard it. Some mussels close more slowly than others, but they are still good to eat. We recommend planning to eat mussels the same day you receive them.
Like That? You'll Love This.
- FreshDirectSemolina Demi Baguette, Frozen2pk, 11" ea$2.75/ea($1.38/ct)
- FreshDirectPlain Demi-Baguette, Frozen2ct, 9.5" ea$2.75/ea($1.38/ct)
- Lemons5-7ct, approx. 2lb bag$5.79/ea
- FreshDirectGarlic Bread Demi-Baguette, Frozen2ct, 9.5" ea$4.99/ea($4.99/ct)