- DescriptionThese organic mussels from Newfoundland are grown on lines in deep water sites, in depths of 40 to 120 feet. The clear, icy waters in the area provide a pure, clean growing environment, and this pampered lifestyle leaves them nearly completely free of grit. Steam them in white wine with parsley, garlic and butter, or in a tomato-based broth. Mussels make a classic pairing with pommes frites and a frosty glass of ale.Claims
Keep in mind that while live mussels are usually closed, they do need to breathe, so you may find them slightly open. You can easily check a mussel for signs of life — just squeeze the shell gently a few times and discard if it doesn't respond by closing.
- Contains Shellfish
- Explanatory Information
Organic Iceburg Mussels
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Wild Local Littleneck Clams$0.65/ea
20%FreshDirect FrozenFrench Baguette20"$1.99/ea
- Gold Coast Steamer Clams$6.99/lb
- Local Dry Sea Scallops$24.99/lb
- Wild Local Cherrystone Clams$0.49/ea
- Wild Madagascar Super Colossal Shrimp5-7 shrimp per lb$5.99/ea
37%Live New Shell Lobster$9.99/lb
- Wild Carabineros Shrimp, Previously Frozen6-8 shrimp per lb$5.99/ea
- Cleaned Wild Local Squid, Frozenapprox. 1lb$8.99/ea($8.99/lb)
- All-Natural Wild Domestic Gulf Shrimp, Shell-On, 26-30/lb$13.99/lb