- BrandAbout Ocean-Friendly Seafood
The cold, pristine waters of Casco Bay are renowned for producing plump, nutritious and deliciously tasty mussels. Suspended from growing ropes, they feed naturally on the ever-changing Maine tidal current, which results in a sweet fullness in flavor, a clean shell, and a consistent size. Perfect to prepare any way you like 'em.
Unless mussels are stored on ice, it's natural for them to open slightly to breathe. If any of your mussels arrive open, you can check they're alive by gently squeezing the shell. If the mussel doesn't respond by closing, then discard it. Some mussels close more slowly than others, but they are still good to eat. We recommend planning to eat mussels the same day you receive them.
For best results, rinse under cold running water and pat dry before preparing according to your favorite method. How much should I buy?1lb makes 1 main course or 2 appetizer servings
Farm-Raised Casco Bay Rope Cultured Mussels
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Trimbach Pinot Blanc750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)
- Italian Parsleyapprox. 4oz$1.99/ea
- $1.29/ea4 for $5.00
- FreshDirectPlain Demi-Baguette, Frozen2ct, 9.5" ea$2.75/ea($1.38/ct)
- Organic Lemonsapprox. 2lb, 5-7ct$6.99/ea
- Breakstone'sAll-Natural Salted Butter2ct, 4oz ea$3.69/ea($7.38/lb)
- FreshDirectGarlic Bread Demi-Baguette, Frozen2ct, 9.5" ea$3.99/ea($3.99/ct)
- $0.89/ea5 for $4.00
- Land O'LakesSalted Butter4ct, 4oz ea$6.29/ea($6.29/lb)