The cold, pristine waters of Casco Bay are renowned for producing plump, nutritious and deliciously tasty mussels. Suspended from growing ropes, they feed naturally on the ever-changing Maine tidal current, which results in a sweet fullness in flavor, a clean shell, and a consistent size. Perfect to prepare any way you like 'em.
Unless mussels are stored on ice, it's natural for them to open slightly to breathe. If any of your mussels arrive open, you can check they're alive by gently squeezing the shell. If the mussel doesn't respond by closing, then discard it. Some mussels close more slowly than others, but they are still good to eat. We recommend planning to eat mussels the same day you receive them.
For best results, rinse under cold running water and pat dry before preparing according to your favorite method.
- More Information
- Serving Suggestion
How much should I buy?1lb makes 1 main course or 2 appetizer servings
Farm-Raised Casco Bay Rope Cultured Mussels
- wine&spiritsTrimbach Pinot Blanc750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)
- Breakstone'sAll Natural Salted Whipped Butter8oz$3.69/ea($7.38/lb)
- FreshDirect FrozenPlain Demi-Baguette2ct, 9.5" ea$3.25/ea($1.62/ct)
15%Limes$0.59/ea6 for $3
- KerrygoldSalted Pure Irish Butter8oz$3.79/ea($7.58/lb)
- FreshDirect FrozenSemolina Demi Baguette2pk, 11" ea$3.25/ea($1.62/ct)
15%Lemons$0.89/ea4 for $3
- Just FreshDirectOrganic Unsalted Butter4ct, 1lb$4.79/ea($4.79/lb)
56%FreshDirect FrozenFrench Baguette20"$0.99/ea
- Lemons5-7ct, approx. 2lb bag$5.99/ea
- Just FreshDirectOrganic Salted Butter4ct, 1lb$4.79/ea($4.79/lb)
- FreshDirect FrozenGarlic Bread Demi-Baguette2ct, 9.5" ea$5.99/ea($5.99/ct)