- DescriptionThis sharp, tangy sheep's-milk cheese is aged and slightly smoked high in the Basque country of the Spanish Pyrenees. There's a subtle backdrop of cherry and hawthorn-wood smoke. It has a dry but not at all crumbly texture. Serve Idiazábal with quince paste and rich red Rioja wine or a sweet Oloroso sherry.Cheese 101Learn the essentials — from buying to serving
Laxta Sheep Milk, Salt, Animal Rennet, Cheese Culture.
- More Information
Spanish Idiazábal Cheese
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Queso de Murcia DOP$19.99/lb
- Manchego Mitica DOP, Three-Month-Aged$16.99/lb
- MiticaNatural Quince Paste14oz$6.49/ea($9.89/lb)
- Manchego Mitica DOP, Twelve-Month-Aged$18.99/lb
- Ossau Iraty ADP$21.99/lb
- Redondo IglesiasSerrano Ham$23.99/lb
- Roncal DOP$21.99/lb
- Mahon Cheese DOP$14.99/lb
- Ibores DOP$19.99/lb