- All the De Cecco whole wheat pasta is made according to the original De Cecco system. Other manufacturers utilize, when processing whole wheat grains, a thermal treatment prior to the actual pasta making process in order to prevent the degradation of the fat substances. This does not happen in De Cecco, thanks to the special method of obtaining wheat grains meal and use of low temperature drying system. This way the nutritious values of the fiber can pair with the sweet aroma of wheat and together they generate a delicious final dish. Fusilli belong to the very short straight pasta cuts; they are a speciality of the Campania region. They have a spiral shape. Long ago, Fusilli were made with a traditional method, passed on from mother to daughter, by twisting with a swift and confident movement of the hands, a "spaghetto" around a knitting needle. This movement resembled the one of a spinning machine. The word "fusillo", as a matter of fact, comes from "fuso", spindle or rod typical of knitting. They are expecially tasty with ragú (for example napoletana) and ricotta sauces. They also taste excellent with tomato sauces, adding peppers, eggplant, olives and capers. (from De Cecco)Claims
- High Fiber
- Whole Grains
- Contains Wheat
Whole Semolina From (Wheat), Niacin, Ferrous Lactate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid.
De Cecco Whole Wheat Fusilli
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Ocean Mist FarmsBroccoliapprox. 2lb$2.69/ea
- Grape Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$3.49/ea2 for $6.00
- Cal-OrganicOrganic Baby Carrotsapprox. 1lb$1.59/ea
- Bounty2-Ply Paper Towels, Select-a-Size8ct, 63 sheets ea$12.99/ea($1.62/ct)(details)OFF ONE Bounty 8ct Huge, White, Select-A-Size Rolls OR 12ct Huge, White, Select-A-Size RollsSave $2.00
- Red Seedless Grapesapprox. 2lbs$3.29/lb