- DescriptionLasagne is an exceptionally large lasagna type with a curled ribbon edge on both sides. It comes from southern Italy, specifically from Campania. Like all curled edge pastas, the curled and the smooth part cook differently. The curled part is also meant to hold more sauce on the lasagna. Lasagna is one of the oldest known pasta types. It probably goes back to the Latin word Lagana (derived from the Greek "laganon": big flat pasta sheet sliced in stripes) and became known as Lasagna after 1000 d.C. The first evidence of its popularity as "Lasagna" is in the work of the most famous Italian poets of the 12th century. "The peppercorn wins/in virtue of the lasagna", writes Jacopone da Todi. Whereas Cecco Angiolieri reproaches his readers by saying: "who makes lasagne with flour belonging to others/ has nor walls nor moat around his castle". Lasagna is excellent with Neapolitan ragú and ricotta, with meat and with game basedsauces. Lasagna is best as a baked casserole with sauces and besciamelle. This oven dish is so acclaimed in Italy, that it takes its name after the pasta itself. (from De Cecco)
Durumm (Wheat) Semolina, Niacin, Ferrous Lactate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid.
De Cecco Lasagne
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Just FreshDirectLocal Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese16oz$3.99/ea($3.99/lb)
- Just FreshDirectLocal Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese16oz$3.99/ea($3.99/lb)
- Parmigiano-Reggiano DOP, Aged 2 Years0.25lb | $21.99/lb$5.50
- KraftNatural Shredded Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese8oz$4.29/ea($8.58/lb)
- CentoDouble Concentrated Organic Tomato Paste4.56oz$3.49/ea($12.25/lb)
- Polly-OWhole Milk Mozzarella Cheese16oz$5.59/ea($5.59/lb)
- Polly-OWhole Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese8oz$4.19/ea($8.38/lb)
- Muir GlenOrganic Tomato Paste6oz$1.69/ea($4.45/lb)
- Polly-OPart-Skim Shredded Mozzarella Cheese8oz$4.19/ea($8.38/lb)
- Essential EverydayShredded Natural Mozzarella Cheese, Low-Moisture, Part Skim8oz$2.99/ea($5.98/lb)
- Rao's HomemadeMarinara Sauce32oz$9.99/ea($5.00/lb)
19%Lemons$0.99/ea5 for $4