DescriptionOrecchiette, also known as "strascicati" or "strascinati", are the most typical pasta cut of Puglia. The shape is a round disc and is slightly hollow in the middle. In Puglia, according to the homemade pasta tradition, the Orecchiette were made with flour, durum wheat semolina and water. The small pasta chunks were "dragged" with the point of the knife forming a sort of shell and then turned up side down with the thumb tip. In traditional recipes, Orecchiette are blanched together broccoli or potatoes and dressed with a tomato-based sauce and sprinkled with Pecorino or they are great with just oil and garlic. They are also called "Recchie" and served with vegetable or lamb ragu and ricotta cheese. (from De Cecco)
Durum (Wheat) Semolina, Niacin, Ferrous Lactate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid.
De Cecco Orecchiette
Item is temporarily unavailable.
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Cal-OrganicOrganic Baby Carrotsapprox. 1lb$1.99/ea
20%Broccoli Rabeapprox. 1lb bunch$4.99/ea2 for $8
- Red Seedless Grapesapprox. 2lbs$3.49/lb
10%Lemons$0.89/ea5 for $4
14%Ocean Mist FarmsBroccoliapprox. 2lb$3.49/ea2 for $6
- De CeccoSpaghetti16oz$3.19/ea($3.19/lb)
- FulviPecorino Romano DOP, Imported$16.99/lb
- Shallotsapprox. 1lb bag$3.49/ea
- Hass Avocado$1.99/ea
- Parmigiano-Reggiano DOP, Aged 2 Years$22.99/lb
- Green Zucchini$1.99/lb
- Grape Tomatoesapprox. 10oz$3.99/ea