- The popular Spaghetti format was born in Southern Italy and in those towns where the pasta making concentrated: Naples, Genoa and Liguria in general. The Spaghetto is the typical long rod pasta format with a round section. Historically the first ufficial evidence of the name "spaghetto" goes back to 1819 on the pages of the first Italian dictionary by Nicolò Tommaseo and Bernardo Bellini. This is how the definition starts off "singular masculin, diminutive of spago (thread)" and with a mention to the "Spaghetti soup": as thick as a thread of spago and as long as "sopracapellini". In 1957 BBC broadcast the first scientific documentary on their production. The following day BBC phone lines were choked up with phone calls of people asking for more information on spaghetti producers and distributors in order to buy them. The perfect match for this pasta type is a either cold or warm fresh tomato, vegetable or herb - based sauces. Excellent also with quickly made sauces, with extra virgin olive oil, garlic, chili and anchovies. Also superb with fish- and shellfish- based sauces. (from De Cecco)About De Cecco
- Contains Wheat
Durum (Wheat) Semolina, Niacin, Ferrous Lactate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid.
De Cecco Spaghetti
Like That? You'll Love This.
- 0.25lb | $18.99/lb$4.75
- Earthbound FarmOrganic Baby Spinachapprox. 5oz$3.49/ea
$3.99Any 2 Select Earthbound Salads for $6.00
- 0.25lb | $16.99/lb$4.25
- Gotham GreensLocal Butterhead Lettuceapprox. 4.5oz$3.99/ea
- FreshDirectPlain Demi-Baguette, Frozen2ct, 9.5" ea$2.75/ea($1.38/ct)
- 0.25lb | $9.99/lb$2.50
- Earthbound FarmOrganic Spring Mixapprox. 10oz$5.99/ea
- FreshDirectGarlic Bread Demi-Baguette, Frozen2ct, 9.5" ea$2.99/ea