- DescriptionEver had creamy, tender, flawlessly seared scallops at a restaurant and wondered why your own often come out watery or overcooked? The secret to that succulent sear is a hot skillet and dry scallops.Origin
These little gems come to us fresh from local dayboat fishermen. Since they're not treated, they won't retain the water that wet scallops do. To get that beautiful browned effect, simply heat your pan on high, add a smashed garlic clove and a little olive oil, and brown your scallops to luscious perfection on both sides.
For best results, rinse under cold running water and pat dry before preparing according to your favorite method.
- More Information
Usage ListStock, Deep-fry, Braise, Sauté, Grill, Roast, Ceviche, Steam, Stew, Smoke, Poach
- Explanatory Information
Local Wild Dry Sea Scallops
Like That? You'll Love This.
- 0.50lb | $11.99/lb$6.00
- Italian Parsleyapprox. 4oz$1.49/ea
- Ocean Mist FarmsBrussels Sproutsapprox. 1lb$2.99/ea
- Shallotsapprox. 1lb bag$3.99/ea
- Asparagusapprox. 1lb$4.49/ea
- Driscoll'sStrawberriesapprox. 16oz$3.99/ea
- Green Beansapprox. 1lb$2.99/ea
- Wild Flounder Filletapprox. 5-7oz$21.99/lb