- DescriptionEver had creamy, tender, flawlessly seared scallops at a restaurant and wondered why your own often come out watery or overcooked? The secret to that succulent sear is a hot skillet and dry scallops.
These little gems come to us fresh from local dayboat fishermen. Since they're not treated, they won't retain the water that wet scallops do. To get that beautiful browned effect, simply heat your pan on high, add a smashed garlic clove and a little olive oil, and brown your scallops to luscious perfection on both sides.
For best results, rinse under cold running water and pat dry before preparing according to your favorite method.
- More Information
Usage ListStock, Deep-fry, Braise, Sauté, Grill, Roast, Ceviche, Steam, Stew, Smoke, Poach
Local Wild Dry Sea Scallops
- FreshDirectNaturally Hardwood Smoked Bacon0.50lb | $11.99/lb$6.00
25%Backyard FarmsCocktail Tomatoesapprox. 10oz$2.99/ea
14%Satur FarmsBaby Spinach Packapprox. 5oz$3.49/eaAny 2 Satur Salads for $6.00
16%Asparagusapprox. 1lb$5.99/ea2 for $10
- Just FreshDirectOrganic Unsalted Butter4ct, 1lb$4.79/ea($4.79/lb)
- Just FreshDirectOrganic 100% Italian Extra-Virgin Olive Oil33.8oz$17.99/ea($8.52/pt)
14%Grape Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$3.49/ea2 for $6
12%Earthbound FarmOrganic Herb Saladapprox. 5oz
11%Pencil Asparagusapprox. 1lb$4.49/ea2 for $8
- KerrygoldSalted Pure Irish Butter8oz$3.79/ea($7.58/lb)
- Just FreshDirectExtra-Virgin Olive Oil34oz$10.99/ea($5.16/pt)
6%Hepworth FarmsLocal Organic Red Cherry Tomatoesapprox. 12oz