- DescriptionHeating Instructions
We took delicious inspiration from French cuisine to create this toothsome lentil and bacon dish. Starting with the classic base of garlic, celery, onions and carrots, we braise French green lentils (du Puy) with smoky Berkshire bacon, zesty red wine vinegar, thyme and chicken glacé. This flavorful side dish is a perfect companion for roast chicken or grilled sausages, garnished with a good grain mustard and paired with an Alsatian blonde or pear cider.
1. Remove cardboard outer sleeve, leaving plastic film intact.
2. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes (1000+ watts) or 2 ½ minutes (lower watts).
3. Before removing film, let stand for 1 minute. Stir lentilsl well before serving. Enjoy!
- Please note: FreshDirect's kitchen uses eggs, fish, milk, shellfish, soy, peanuts, tree nuts and wheat ingredients.
Vegetable Stock (Water, Onions, Carrots, Cabbage, Celery, Leeks, Mushrooms, Turnips, Salt Spices), Onion, Lentils, Berkshire Bacon (Pork, Water, Salt, Turbinado Sugar, Celery Powder), Red Wine Vinegar (Red Wine Vinegar, Sodium Metabisulfate [Preservative]), Roasted Chicken Stock Reduction (Chicken Stock [Water, Roasted Fresh Chicken Bones, Onions, Celery, Carrots, Parsley Stems, Bay Leaves]), Celery, Carrots, Sugar, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic, Black Pepper, Thyme.