- DescriptionThese hair-fine, crispy, tender sprouts have a subtle, clean flavor, like fresh peas with super crunch. They are a great companion to eggs, sandwiches, and salads.
- More Information
Hearty sprouts such as mung bean can be kept in a sealed plastic bag in the fridge, but more delicate varieties such as pea shoots and alfalfa sprouts need ventilation and should be refrigerated in the plastic containers they're sold in. They should keep for 2 to 3 days.
Freezing Mung Bean Sprouts
If you plan to cook with hearty mung bean sprouts, you can store them in an airtight container in the freezer for several months. Don't bother thawing; toss them right from the freezer into the pan.
Organic Alfalfa Sprouts
- Avocados from MexicoHass Avocados, Ready-to-Eat2pk$3.99/ea
30%Wells Homestead AcresLocal Asparagusapprox. 1lb$3.99/ea
$4.99Any 2 Local Asparagus for $7.00
15%Lemons$0.89/ea4 for $3
- Yellow Bananas5-7ct$1.49/ea
12%Earthbound FarmOrganic Half Spring Mix and Half Baby Spinachapprox. 5oz
12%Earthbound FarmOrganic Baby Spinachapprox. 5oz
25%Organic Greenhouse Cucumberapprox. 12oz$3.99/ea2 for $6
28%Organic Lacinato Kale$2.99/ea
$3.49Any 2 Organic Kale for $5.00
- Backyard FarmsTomatoes On The Vine$3.49/lb
- Avocados from MexicoHass Avocados5ct$6.99/ea
11%Driscoll'sStrawberriesapprox. 16oz$4.49/ea2 for $8
15%Cal-OrganicOrganic Baby Carrotsapprox. 1lb$1.69/ea