- DescriptionChard is known for being solid and earthy, a substantial side or the humble basis of hearty soups. But the array of shades in the stems and veins of this variety make it a bit of a show-off. Shot through with magenta, orange, red, purple and golden yellow, rainbow swiss chard looks especially lovely in summer salads, chard is an excellent source of vitamin C and the antioxidant beta carotene (a pre-cursor for vitamin A), plus it's a good source of potassium and magnesium.Superveggies contain nutrients that contribute to heart health. Learn More.Claims
- More Information
LEAFY GREENSStoring Spinach, Swiss Chard, and Collard, Dandelion, and Turnip Greens
These greens retain their crispness if kept in the coolest part of the fridge for up to 4 days. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Kale is tastiest if eaten soon after purchase, but it should keep in the refrigerator for up to a week if stored in a perforated plastic bag with its leaves close together.
Storing Chicory and Escarole
These greens retain their crispness for up to a week if kept in the coolest part of the fridge. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Storing Brussels Sprouts
Place unwashed Brussels sprouts in a paper bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator, where they should keep for 3 to 4 days.
Storing Kohlrabi Greens
These greens are very perishable, so wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for a couple of days.
- Explanatory Information
Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative Local Organic Rainbow Swiss Chard
- Yellow Onions, Bagapprox. 2lb$1.99/ea
- Beefsteak Tomatoes, Large$2.49/lb
17%Jumbo Yellow Onion$0.99/lb
- Hepworth FarmsLocal Organic Beefsteak Tomatoes$3.99/lb
- Red Onion, Large$1.49/lb
12%SunsetMini Kumato Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$3.99/eaAny 2 Cocktail Tomatoes for $7
- Vidalia Onion$1.49/lb
- Hepworth FarmsLocal Organic Heirloom Tomato$4.99/lb
- Shallotsapprox. 1lb bag$2.99/ea
- Organic Tomatoes on the Vine$3.99/lb
newLancaster Farm Fresh CooperativeLocal Organic Sweet Onions$2.29/lb