- DescriptionChard is known for being solid and earthy, a substantial side or the humble basis of hearty soups. But the array of shades in the stems and veins of this variety make it a bit of a show-off. Dynomite in a sauté and especially lovely for summer salads, chard is an excellent source of vitamin C and the antioxidant beta carotene (a pre-cursor for vitamin A), plus it's a good source of potassium and magnesium.Superveggies contain nutrients that contribute to heart health. Learn More.Claims
- More Information
LEAFY GREENSStoring Spinach, Swiss Chard, and Collard, Dandelion, and Turnip Greens
These greens retain their crispness if kept in the coolest part of the fridge for up to 4 days. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Kale is tastiest if eaten soon after purchase, but it should keep in the refrigerator for up to a week if stored in a perforated plastic bag with its leaves close together.
Storing Chicory and Escarole
These greens retain their crispness for up to a week if kept in the coolest part of the fridge. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Storing Brussels Sprouts
Place unwashed Brussels sprouts in a paper bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator, where they should keep for 3 to 4 days.
Storing Kohlrabi Greens
These greens are very perishable, so wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for a couple of days.
- Explanatory Information
Organic Rainbow Swiss Chard
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Organic Garnet Yams$2.49/lb
11%Organic Broccoletteapprox. 0.5lb$4.49/ea2 for $8
12%Organic Broccoliapprox. 1lb bunch$3.99/ea2 for $7
16%Organic Green Kale$2.99/ea2 for $5
16%Organic Lacinato Kale$2.99/ea2 for $5
- Organic Collard Greensbunch$2.99/ea
- Organic Red Kaleapprox. 1lb$2.99/ea($2.99/lb)
24%Organic Italian Parsleyapprox. 4oz$1.69/ea
$1.992 for $3
12%Asparagusapprox. 1lb$3.99/ea2 for $7
- Cal-OrganicOrganic Carrotsapprox. 1lb$1.49/ea
28%Organic Gold Beets, Bunchapprox. 4ct$3.49/eaAny 2 Organic beets for $5
- Avocados from MexicoHass Avocados, Ready-to-Eat2pk$3.99/ea