- DescriptionShowier than its green cousin, this beautiful chard has ruby-red ribs and veins and a briny, sweet, beetlike taste. Its juicy ribs and robust, crinkled leaves stand up well to extended cooking. Try this chard as a layer in lasagna for color and texture. Red chard is sometimes called "rhubarb chard" in cookbooks and like all chard varieties, it's an excellent source of vitamin C and the antioxidant beta carotene (a pre-cursor for vitamin A) as well as a good source of potassium and magnesium.Superveggies contain nutrients that contribute to heart health. Learn More.BrandAbout Jersey Fresh
- More Information
LEAFY GREENSStoring Spinach, Swiss Chard, and Collard, Dandelion, and Turnip Greens
These greens retain their crispness if kept in the coolest part of the fridge for up to 4 days. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Kale is tastiest if eaten soon after purchase, but it should keep in the refrigerator for up to a week if stored in a perforated plastic bag with its leaves close together.
Storing Chicory and Escarole
These greens retain their crispness for up to a week if kept in the coolest part of the fridge. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Storing Brussels Sprouts
Place unwashed Brussels sprouts in a paper bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator, where they should keep for 3 to 4 days.
Storing Kohlrabi Greens
These greens are very perishable, so wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for a couple of days.
- Serving Suggestion
How much should I buy?1 bunch makes about 3 servings
Jersey Fresh Red Swiss Chard
- Jumbo Yellow Onion$1.19/lb
10%Grown On Long IslandHeirloom Cherry Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$4.99/ea2 for $9
- Red Onionsapprox. 2lbs$2.49/ea
12%Grape Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$3.99/ea2 for $7
- Red Onion, Large$1.49/lb
12%Organic Grape Tomatoesapprox. 12oz
- White Onion, Large$1.49/lb
30%SunsetWild Wonders Tomatoesapprox. 12oz
- Yellow Onions, Bagapprox. 2lb$1.99/ea
30%SunsetZima Golden Cherry Tomatoesapprox. 12oz