- DescriptionKale's robust, crinkled leaves add a garden-fresh, lightly bitter taste which helps lighten hearty soups and stews. It needs quite a bit of cooking time, so don't be shy about adding it to the pot early. Kale is very high in vitamins A and C. Our favorite way to eat this ultra-healthy vegetable is in a white bean soup.BrandAbout Deer Run Farms
- More Information
LEAFY GREENSStoring Spinach, Swiss Chard, and Collard, Dandelion, and Turnip Greens
These greens retain their crispness if kept in the coolest part of the fridge for up to 4 days. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Kale is tastiest if eaten soon after purchase, but it should keep in the refrigerator for up to a week if stored in a perforated plastic bag with its leaves close together.
Storing Chicory and Escarole
These greens retain their crispness for up to a week if kept in the coolest part of the fridge. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Storing Brussels Sprouts
Place unwashed Brussels sprouts in a paper bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator, where they should keep for 3 to 4 days.
Storing Kohlrabi Greens
These greens are very perishable, so wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for a couple of days.
Deer Run Farms Green Kale
33%White Onion, Large$0.99/lb
12%Backyard FarmsCocktail Tomatoesapprox. 10oz$3.99/ea2 for $7
- Organic Garlic$4.99/lb
- Red Onionsapprox. 2lbs$2.49/ea
- Grown On Long IslandHeirloom Cherry Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$4.99/ea
- Jumbo Yellow Onion$1.19/lb
22%SunsetOne Sweet Cherry Tomatoes, Case15ct, approx. 12oz ea$30.99/cs
25%Organic Yellow Onion, Medium$1.49/lb
16%Grape Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$2.99/ea2 for $5
25%Yellow Onions, Bagapprox. 2lb$1.49/ea
- SunsetWild Wonders Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$2.99/ea
- Yellow Organic Onionsapprox. 2lb, 6-8 per bag$3.99/ea