- DescriptionKale's robust, crinkled leaves add a garden-fresh, lightly bitter taste which helps lighten hearty soups and stews. It needs quite a bit of cooking time, so don't be shy about adding it to the pot early. Kale is very high in vitamins A and C. Our favorite way to eat this ultra-healthy vegetable is in a white bean soup.Claims
- More Information
LEAFY GREENSStoring Spinach, Swiss Chard, and Collard, Dandelion, and Turnip Greens
These greens retain their crispness if kept in the coolest part of the fridge for up to 4 days. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Kale is tastiest if eaten soon after purchase, but it should keep in the refrigerator for up to a week if stored in a perforated plastic bag with its leaves close together.
Storing Chicory and Escarole
These greens retain their crispness for up to a week if kept in the coolest part of the fridge. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Storing Brussels Sprouts
Place unwashed Brussels sprouts in a paper bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator, where they should keep for 3 to 4 days.
Storing Kohlrabi Greens
These greens are very perishable, so wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for a couple of days.
- Explanatory Information
Organic Green Kale
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Parmigiano-Reggiano DOP, Aged 2 Years0.25lb | $21.99/lb$5.50
- Organic Collard Greensbunch$2.99/ea
- Organic Celeryapprox. 1lb$3.99/ea
12%Organic Broccoliapprox. 1lb bunch$3.99/ea2 for $7
- Organic Green Zucchini$2.99/lb
- Organic Cilantroapprox. 4oz$2.49/ea
16%Organic Beets, Bunchapprox 4ct$2.99/eaAny 2 Organic beets for $5
- Organic Scallionsapprox. 3oz$1.99/ea
22%Organic Lemons$1.29/ea3 for $3
25%Ocean Mist FarmsBrussels Sproutsapprox. 1lb$3.49/ea
$3.992 for $6
16%Avocados from MexicoOrganic Hass Avocado$2.99/ea2 for $5
24%Organic Italian Parsleyapprox. 4oz$1.99/ea2 for $3