- DescriptionKale's robust, crinkled leaves add a garden-fresh, lightly bitter taste which helps lighten hearty soups and stews. It needs quite a bit of cooking time, so don't be shy about adding it to the pot early. Kale is very high in vitamins A and C. Our favorite way to eat this ultra-healthy vegetable is in a white bean soup.BrandAbout Jersey Fresh
- More Information
LEAFY GREENSStoring Spinach, Swiss Chard, and Collard, Dandelion, and Turnip Greens
These greens retain their crispness if kept in the coolest part of the fridge for up to 4 days. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Kale is tastiest if eaten soon after purchase, but it should keep in the refrigerator for up to a week if stored in a perforated plastic bag with its leaves close together.
Storing Chicory and Escarole
These greens retain their crispness for up to a week if kept in the coolest part of the fridge. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Storing Brussels Sprouts
Place unwashed Brussels sprouts in a paper bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator, where they should keep for 3 to 4 days.
Storing Kohlrabi Greens
These greens are very perishable, so wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for a couple of days.
- Serving Suggestion
How much should I buy?1 bunch makes about 4 servings
Jersey Fresh Green Kale
25%Avocados from MexicoHass Avocados, Ready-to-Eat2pk$3.49/ea
$3.992 for $6
- Lemons5-7ct, approx. 2lb bag$5.99/ea
- Yellow Bananas5-7ct$1.49/ea
12%Driscoll'sStrawberriesapprox. 16oz$3.99/ea2 for $7
- Green Beansapprox. 1lb$2.99/ea
$0.996 for $3
15%Lemons$0.89/ea4 for $3
- Ocean Mist FarmsCeleryapprox. 1lb$2.49/ea
16%Greenhouse Cucumberapprox. 12oz$2.99/ea2 for $5
28%Ocean Mist FarmsBroccoliapprox. 2lb$2.99/ea
$3.492 for $5
11%Organic Broccoletteapprox. 0.5lb$4.49/ea2 for $8
- Red Seedless Grapesapprox. 2lbs$3.99/lb