- DescriptionSweet, fragrant, and aromatic. The taste of sweet basil is like a bouquet with hints of mint, clove, and licorice. It's widely used in the cuisines of India, Southeast Asia, and, of course, the Mediterranean. The Greeks referred to it as the "royal herb." Try ours in soups, stews, and sauces. Or chop it up raw and add to egg dishes, salads, and dips.Origin
Gotham Greens is a New York City based company dedicated to growing the highest quality vegetables and culinary herbs for local restaurants and retailers. Gotham Greens' premium quality, pesticide-free vegetables and herbs are grown in sterile rooftop greenhouses using clean, renewable energy. (from Gotham Greens)
USABrandAbout Gotham Greens
- Cooking & Storage
FRESH HERBSStoring Basil
Wrap fresh basil in a damp paper towel and tuck it into a plastic bag for up to 4 days, or place stems in a glass of water and refrigerate for up to a week (remove dark leaves and change the water daily).
Wrap fresh sorrel in a damp paper towel and place it into a plastic bag. It should keep in the refrigerator for about 3 days.
Store fresh lemongrass in the refrigerator wrapped in plastic for up to 2 weeks; freeze the lower part of the trimmed bulb for up to a month.
Storing Bunched Herbs
When storing a bunch of herbs, immerse the stems in water, like a bouquet of flowers. Cover the jar with a plastic bag and place in the fridge. Change the water every day or so. Most herbs can keep for up to 5 days.
Storing Cut Herbs
Refrigerate cut herbs to keep them fresh. Wrap them loosely in paper towels and store in a plastic bag in the crisper compartment. Most herbs can keep for up to 5 days.
To preserve herbs, mince them finely, seal in an airtight container or plastic bag, and freeze. For herbs that will be used in soups, sauces, and stews, you can fill up an ice cube tray with a tablespoon of chopped herbs, cover with water, and freeze. Pop the cubes out of the tray and store in an airtight container.
- Explanatory Information
Gotham Greens Local Basil
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Ocean Mist FarmsScallionsapprox. 5.5oz$0.99/ea
$3.992 for $4.00
- SunsetOrganic Campari Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$4.99/ea
- Gotham GreensLocal Butterhead Lettuceapprox. 4.5oz$3.99/ea
- Gotham GreensGourmet Lettuce Medleyapprox. 4.5oz$3.99/ea
- SunsetOne Sweet Cherry Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$3.09/ea
$3.49Any 2 Cocktail Tomatoes for $6.00
- Asparagusapprox. 1lb$3.99/ea
$4.492 for $7.00
- Italian Parsleyapprox. 4oz$1.49/ea
- Peeled Garlicapprox. 8oz$4.99/ea