- DescriptionProject EATS Farms operate on a unique concept focusing on community based farming, created so that urban neighborhoods can grow fresh, healthy, nutritious food. Every purchase made from Project EATS creates local jobs, healthy food choices, and better environmental choices in urban communities. Project EATS has launched eight farmsteads in seven New York City neighborhoods. (from Project EATs)BrandAbout Project Eats
Lacinato kale tastes garden fresh and mildly bitter. This distinctive, tangy kale originated in Tuscany, where it's known as "cavalo nero" (black cabbage). Try Lacinato kale braised, or in a soup with white beans, garlic, and tomatoes.
- More Information
LEAFY GREENSStoring Spinach, Swiss Chard, and Collard, Dandelion, and Turnip Greens
These greens retain their crispness if kept in the coolest part of the fridge for up to 4 days. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Kale is tastiest if eaten soon after purchase, but it should keep in the refrigerator for up to a week if stored in a perforated plastic bag with its leaves close together.
Storing Chicory and Escarole
These greens retain their crispness for up to a week if kept in the coolest part of the fridge. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Storing Brussels Sprouts
Place unwashed Brussels sprouts in a paper bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator, where they should keep for 3 to 4 days.
Storing Kohlrabi Greens
These greens are very perishable, so wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for a couple of days.
Project Eats Lacinato Kale
- Jumbo Yellow Onion$1.19/lb
14%Grape Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$3.49/ea2 for $6
- Vidalia Onion$1.49/lb
- SunsetWild Wonders Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$4.99/ea
- Organic Garlic$4.99/lb
50%Organic Yellow Onion, Medium$0.99/lb
12%Organic Grape Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$3.99/ea2 for $7
- Yellow Onions, Bagapprox. 2lb$1.99/ea
- Backyard FarmsTomatoes On The Vine$2.99/lb
- Shallotsapprox. 1lb bag$2.99/ea
- SunsetZima Golden Cherry Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$4.99/ea