- DescriptionShowier than its green cousin, this beautiful chard has ruby-red ribs and veins and a briny, sweet, beet-like taste. Its juicy ribs and robust, crinkled leaves stand up well to extended cooking. Try this chard as a layer in lasagna for color and texture. Red chard is sometimes called "rhubarb chard" in cookbooks.BrandLancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative
Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative (LFFC) is a non-profit organic farmers cooperative of over 75 farmers in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. We focus on creating healthy, high quality foods from our highly maintained and enriched soils on our small scale family farms. When you purchase LFFC products you can be confident that you will receive the freshest products, farmed with consideration for the land, animals and people. (from Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative)
- More Information
LEAFY GREENSStoring Spinach, Swiss Chard, and Collard, Dandelion, and Turnip Greens
These greens retain their crispness if kept in the coolest part of the fridge for up to 4 days. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Kale is tastiest if eaten soon after purchase, but it should keep in the refrigerator for up to a week if stored in a perforated plastic bag with its leaves close together.
Storing Chicory and Escarole
These greens retain their crispness for up to a week if kept in the coolest part of the fridge. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Storing Brussels Sprouts
Place unwashed Brussels sprouts in a paper bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator, where they should keep for 3 to 4 days.
Storing Kohlrabi Greens
These greens are very perishable, so wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for a couple of days.
- Explanatory Information
Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative Local Organic Red Swiss Chard
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Yellow Onions, Bagapprox. 2lb$1.99/ea
- SunsetWild Wonders Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$3.99/eaAny 2 Sunset Tomatoes for $7.00
- Shallotsapprox. 1lb bag$2.99/ea
- Grape Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$2.49/ea
$2.992 for $3
- Organic Grape Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$3.49/ea
$3.99Any 2 Cocktail Tomatoes for $6.00
- Yellow Organic Onionsapprox. 2lb, 6-8 per bag$3.99/ea