- DescriptionKale's robust, crinkled leaves add a garden-fresh, lightly bitter taste which helps lighten hearty soups and stews. It needs quite a bit of cooking time, so don't be shy about adding it to the pot early. Kale is very high in vitamins A and C. Our favorite way to eat this ultra-healthy vegetable is in a white bean soup.Claims
Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative (LFFC) is a non-profit organic farmers cooperative of over 75 farmers in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. We focus on creating healthy, high quality foods from our highly maintained and enriched soils on our small scale family farms. When you purchase LFFC products you can be confident that you will receive the freshest products, farmed with consideration for the land, animals and people. (from Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative)
- More Information
LEAFY GREENSStoring Spinach, Swiss Chard, and Collard, Dandelion, and Turnip Greens
These greens retain their crispness if kept in the coolest part of the fridge for up to 4 days. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Kale is tastiest if eaten soon after purchase, but it should keep in the refrigerator for up to a week if stored in a perforated plastic bag with its leaves close together.
Storing Chicory and Escarole
These greens retain their crispness for up to a week if kept in the coolest part of the fridge. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Storing Brussels Sprouts
Place unwashed Brussels sprouts in a paper bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator, where they should keep for 3 to 4 days.
Storing Kohlrabi Greens
These greens are very perishable, so wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for a couple of days.
- Explanatory Information
Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative Local Organic Green Kale
Like That? You'll Love This.
- FreshDirectCurried Lentil, Quinoa, Chickpea and Kale Super Salad (Made with Organic Kale)5oz$3.99/ea($12.87/lb)
- FreshDirectSliced Rosemary Grilled Chicken Breast (Raised w/o Antibiotics)6oz$4.99/ea($13.13/lb)
- Organic Bananas5-7ct$2.29/bnc
- Just FreshDirectLocal Organic Whole Milk, Carton1/2 gallon$3.99/ea
- Just FreshDirectLocal Organic Large Brown Eggs1 dozen$3.89/ea($0.32/ct)
19%Organic Ginger Rootapprox. 6oz$2.49/ea2 for $4
10%Driscoll'sOrganic Blackberriesapprox. 6oz$4.99/ea2 for $9
- Plainville FarmsOrganic Ground Turkeyapprox. 1lb$7.99/ea
11%Pencil Asparagusapprox. 1lb$4.49/ea2 for $8
- Jalapeño Pepperapprox. 1oz$0.25/ea
16%Washed Sugar Snap Peasapprox. 8oz$2.99/ea2 for $5
- Organic Lemons5-7ct, approx. 2lb bag$7.99/ea