- DescriptionLacinato kale tastes garden fresh and mildly bitter. This distinctive, tangy kale originated in Tuscany, where it's known as "cavalo nero" (black cabbage). Try Lacinato kale braised, or in a soup with white beans, garlic, and tomatoes.Claims
Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative (LFFC) is a non-profit organic farmers cooperative of over 75 farmers in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. We focus on creating healthy, high quality foods from our highly maintained and enriched soils on our small scale family farms. When you purchase LFFC products you can be confident that you will receive the freshest products, farmed with consideration for the land, animals and people. (from Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative)
- More Information
LEAFY GREENSStoring Spinach, Swiss Chard, and Collard, Dandelion, and Turnip Greens
These greens retain their crispness if kept in the coolest part of the fridge for up to 4 days. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Kale is tastiest if eaten soon after purchase, but it should keep in the refrigerator for up to a week if stored in a perforated plastic bag with its leaves close together.
Storing Chicory and Escarole
These greens retain their crispness for up to a week if kept in the coolest part of the fridge. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Storing Brussels Sprouts
Place unwashed Brussels sprouts in a paper bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator, where they should keep for 3 to 4 days.
Storing Kohlrabi Greens
These greens are very perishable, so wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for a couple of days.
- Explanatory Information
Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative Local Organic Lacinato Kale
- Jumbo Yellow Onion$1.19/lb
14%Grape Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$3.49/ea2 for $6
- Shallotsapprox. 1lb bag$2.99/ea
- Hepworth FarmsLocal Organic Beefsteak Tomatoapprox. 5lb$15.99/ea
- Lancaster Farm Fresh CooperativeLocal Organic Sweet Onionsapprox. 3lb$5.99/ea
- Hepworth FarmsLocal Organic Beefsteak Tomatoes$3.99/lb
- Red Onion, Large$1.49/lb
- Organic Grape Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$3.99/ea
- Lancaster Farm Fresh CooperativeLocal Organic Red Onionsapprox. 2lbs$4.49/ea
6%Hepworth FarmsLocal Organic Sungold Cherry Tomatoesapprox. 12oz
- Yellow Onions, Bagapprox. 2lb$1.99/ea