DescriptionGinger is a multitalented flavoring. It is sweet and floral on your tongue, tickles your sinuses, and warms the back of your throat. Ginger brings out all the flavor in sweet and savory foods. It is used a lot in Asian and Indian cuisines because it works so well in curries, dipping sauces, marinades, and stir-fries.Claims
USA and Mexico
FRESH HERBSStoring Basil
Wrap fresh basil in a damp paper towel and tuck it into a plastic bag for up to 4 days, or place stems in a glass of water and refrigerate for up to a week (remove dark leaves and change the water daily).
Wrap fresh sorrel in a damp paper towel and place it into a plastic bag. It should keep in the refrigerator for about 3 days.
Store fresh lemongrass in the refrigerator wrapped in plastic for up to 2 weeks; freeze the lower part of the trimmed bulb for up to a month.
Storing Bunched Herbs
When storing a bunch of herbs, immerse the stems in water, like a bouquet of flowers. Cover the jar with a plastic bag and place in the fridge. Change the water every day or so. Most herbs can keep for up to 5 days.
Storing Cut Herbs
Refrigerate cut herbs to keep them fresh. Wrap them loosely in paper towels and store in a plastic bag in the crisper compartment. Most herbs can keep for up to 5 days.
To preserve herbs, mince them finely, seal in an airtight container or plastic bag, and freeze. For herbs that will be used in soups, sauces, and stews, you can fill up an ice cube tray with a tablespoon of chopped herbs, cover with water, and freeze. Pop the cubes out of the tray and store in an airtight container.
Organic Ginger Root
Like That? You'll Love This.
- BrodoBone Broth, Signature Hearth (Beef, Chicken, Turkey), Frozen30oz$18.99/ea($10.13/lb)
- Driscoll'sOrganic Blackberriesapprox. 6oz$5.99/ea
- Organic Cilantroapprox. 4oz$1.99/ea
23%Organic Blueberriesapprox. 6oz$6.49/ea2 for $10
- Turmeric Rootapprox. 2oz$2.49/ea
- Jalapeño Pepperapprox. 1oz$0.25/ea
- Organic Bananas5-7ct$2.39/bnc
10%Mushroom KingOrganic Heirloom Sliced Shiitake Mushroomsapprox. 4oz$4.99/eaAny 2 Organic Mushrooms for $9
- Garlic3ct, approx. 3.2oz$1.99/ea
- Organic Lemons5-7ct, approx. 2lb bag$7.99/ea
- Just FreshDirectLocal Organic Large Brown Eggs1 dozen$3.99/ea($0.33/ct)
- Loose Organic Beets$2.49/lb