No matter the current selection in this Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) box, you can rest assured you'll be getting the freshest, tastiest produce of the season straight from Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Featuring a diverse, rotating selection of about five certified organic vegetables each week, it's the quickest way for you to get fresh, seasonal vegetables— it's picked by the farmers from the current harvest and packed straight on the farm.Each box includes:
- Five certified organic local vegetables.
- One dozen local eggs from hormone and antibiotic-free pasture-raised chickens fed non-GMO supplemental feed.
- Half-pound of expertly crafted, cow, goat, or sheep cheese from a Lancaster County cheese maker.
- One pound of plain organic farmstead yogurt from Seven Stars Farm.
- Half-pound of local organic mushrooms.
Please Note: CSA boxes are seasonal and photo does not necessarily reflect contents. In early-to-late spring, you should expect veggies like carrots, greenhouse tomatoes, leafy greens, scallions, radishes, and herbs. Later on in the summer, you'll receive produce such as squashes, cucumbers, peppers, eggplants, and heirloom tomatoes. Our farmers also strive to add a unique item each week, such as local seasonal fruit.
Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative (LFFC) is a non-profit organic farmers cooperative of over 75 farmers in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. We focus on creating healthy, high quality foods from our highly maintained and enriched soils on our small scale family farms. When you purchase LFFC products you can be confident that you will receive the freshest products, farmed with consideration for the land, animals and people. (from Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative)
7-9 items, weight varies