The red potato is our favorite for pan-roasting with meats. Reds cook up crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside. They are also super for boiling. Use them in potato salads and gratins, because they stay firm when cooked. Try them shredded for potato pancakes. You can substitute red potatoes for white in any recipe that calls for waxy potatoes.
The Black Dirt Region, spanning southern Orange County, New York and northern Sussex County, New Jersey, is home to family-owned farms situated on thousands of acres of deep, richly organic soil — the result of ancient glaciers melting, river overflow and plant decay. The lush valley is best known for its production of the prized "black-dirt onion," as well as other root vegetables.
Black Dirt Region Red Potatoes
- Chivesapprox. 2oz$3.99/ea
- Organic ValleySour Cream16oz$4.19/ea($4.19/lb)
- Rosemaryapprox. 2oz$1.99/ea
- Pecorino Romano DOP, Imported0.25lb | $16.99/lb$4.25
- California Olive RanchEveryday Extra-Virgin Olive Oil1 liter$18.99/ea
- Vermont CreameryCrème Fraîche8oz$4.99/ea
- Sageapprox. 2oz$2.49/ea
- Parmigiano-Reggiano DOP, Aged 2 Years0.25lb | $20.99/lb$5.25
- ColavitaPremium Italian Extra-Virgin Olive Oil25.5fl oz$16.99/ea($10.66/pt)
- Organic ValleyLow-Fat Sour Cream16oz$4.19/ea($4.19/lb)
- Locatelli Pecorino Romano DOC0.25lb | $18.99/lb$4.75