The red potato is our favorite for pan-roasting with meats. Reds cook up crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside. They are also super for boiling. Use them in potato salads and gratins, because they stay firm when cooked. Try them shredded for potato pancakes. You can substitute red potatoes for white in any recipe that calls for waxy potatoes.
The Black Dirt Region, spanning southern Orange County, New York and northern Sussex County, New Jersey, is home to family-owned farms situated on thousands of acres of deep, richly organic soil — the result of ancient glaciers melting, river overflow and plant decay. The lush valley is best known for its production of the prized "black-dirt onion," as well as other root vegetables.
Black Dirt Region Red Potatoes
- Chivesapprox. 2oz$1.99/ea
- Breakstone'sSour Cream16oz$3.29/ea($3.29/lb)
- Rosemaryapprox. 2oz$1.99/ea
- Parmigiano-Reggiano DOP, Aged 2 Years0.25lb | $20.99/lb$5.25
- Just FreshDirectExtra-Virgin Olive Oil34oz$10.99/ea($5.16/pt)
- Breakstone'sSour Cream8oz$1.99/ea($3.98/lb)
- Coach FarmExtra-Aged Goat Cheese Grating Stick4oz$8.99/ea
13%O-Live & Co.Extra-Virgin Premium Olive Oil25fl oz$12.99/ea
- Organic ValleySour Cream16oz$4.19/ea($4.19/lb)
- Sageapprox. 2oz$2.49/ea
- Mama FrancescaGrated Parmesan Cheese5oz$4.19/ea($13.52/lb)